    Can I delete the contents of that folder without creating problems?

    Thanks,

    Richard

    Richard L. McCulley, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Richard L. McCulley

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, but reboot first. See:

    Basic computer maintenance

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:39:01 -0500, in
    <>
    Richard L. McCulley scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Richard L. McCulley

    Richard Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > I am trying to free up some disk space and found 2.37G is being
    > occuppied by the Windows\Temp folder.

    > Can I delete the contents of that folder without creating problems?

    > Thanks,

    > Richard

    Yes. But some files may not be able to be deleted for some reason.
    A few will probably be "in use by windows". If that happens, you may have to
    boot up into dos to get rid of them.
    Any folder named "temp" can be removed. If a file is needed for a working
    program, it's recreated automatically.

    Richard, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Richard L. McCulley

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:47:00 -0500, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    > Richard wrote:
    >
    > > I am trying to free up some disk space and found 2.37G is being
    >> occuppied by the Windows\Temp folder.

    >> Can I delete the contents of that folder without creating problems?

    >> Thanks,

    >> Richard

    >Yes. But some files may not be able to be deleted for some reason.
    >A few will probably be "in use by windows". If that happens, you may have to
    >boot up into dos to get rid of them.
    >Any folder named "temp" can be removed. If a file is needed for a working
    >program, it's recreated automatically.

    Damn, I wish you'd stop giving stupid advice.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Richard L. McCulley

    Nora.brown

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Deleting temp files...

    "Yes. But some files may not be able to be deleted for some reason.
    A few will probably be "in use by windows"."
    To avoid something like that happening, and if you want to permanently delete your temp files or other details of your computer usage: Windows temporary files, deleted files in Recycle Bin, MS Office temporary files, scandisk file fragments, prefetch files and much more, see if history killer proCan help u. just visit the website

    Nora.brown, Mar 22, 2010