    When I use IE and delete a favorite/bookmark it goes to the recycle bin. I
    can restore if it I need to. When I delete a bookmark from Firefox, I don't
    see it in the recycle bin. Is there a way to restore a deleted bookmark?
    Kimmy, Mar 1, 2007

  2. Kimmy

    Guest Guest

    Unlike I.E., Firefox bookmarks are stored in a HTML file. When a bookmark
    is deleted is not removed as a shorcut like I.E., rather the entire HTML
    file is modified. I consider this to be a weak point in Firefox and one
    that I hope will be addressed in the future.

    The Firefox bookmark files are located in: c:\ documents and settings \ user
    name \ application data \ mozilla \ firefox \ x.default \ bookmarks.bak and
    bookmarks.html.

    If you include those 2 files in your backup routine, then the bookmarks can
    be restored from the backup. But not individually like I.E.

    Other than that, Firefox runs circles around I.E.

    -- Mike

    Guest, Mar 1, 2007

  3. Kimmy

    Kimmy Guest

    Thank you Mike for the reply. I would also like to see this addressed in
    the future, but agree that Firefox is tons better than IE. I have no idea
    why I waited so long to switch!

    Kimmy, Mar 2, 2007
  4. Kimmy

    Ed Mullen Guest

    wrote:
    > Unlike I.E., Firefox bookmarks are stored in a HTML file. When a bookmark
    > is deleted is not removed as a shorcut like I.E., rather the entire HTML
    > file is modified. I consider this to be a weak point in Firefox and one
    > that I hope will be addressed in the future.
    >
    > The Firefox bookmark files are located in: c:\ documents and settings \ user
    > name \ application data \ mozilla \ firefox \ x.default \ bookmarks.bak and
    > bookmarks.html.
    >
    > If you include those 2 files in your backup routine, then the bookmarks can
    > be restored from the backup. But not individually like I.E.
    >
    > Other than that, Firefox runs circles around I.E.

    Yes, everyone should back up their Profile. However, Firefox
    automatically backs up your bookmarks file regularly. Look in your
    Profile folder.

    IE's Favorites function uses up a unnecessary amount of disk space by
    storing every favorite/link as a file on disk.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Mar 6, 2007