    I tried avast anti-virus, but decided not to get it. I deleted the
    program from my PC, but I continue to get a pop-up on the desktop to
    uninstall the program. How do I delete the pop-up??

    jim, Feb 12, 2008

  2. jim

    chuckie® Guest

    "jim" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I tried avast anti-virus, but decided not to get it. I deleted the
    > program from my PC, but I continue to get a pop-up on the desktop to
    > uninstall the program. How do I delete the pop-up??

    In the 'Help' section it tells you how to uninstall Avast, mayhap you should
    have read it first. Here it is:

    You can download our uninstall utility called AvClear or AvClear4 (it
    depends on the version of avast! installed on your computer). More
    information is available here: http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1337.html.

    chuckie®, Feb 12, 2008

  3. jim

    chuckie® Guest

    "chuckie®" <> wrote in message

    > "jim" <> wrote in message
    > > I tried avast anti-virus, but decided not to get it. I deleted the
    > > program from my PC, but I continue to get a pop-up on the desktop to
    > > uninstall the program. How do I delete the pop-up??

    > In the 'Help' section it tells you how to uninstall Avast, mayhap you

    should
    > have read it first. Here it is:
    >
    > You can download our uninstall utility called AvClear or AvClear4 (it
    > depends on the version of avast! installed on your computer). More
    > information is available here: http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1337.html.

    Come to think of it, you wouldn't think a 'free' AV would be that difficult
    would you. Oh well, I use Avast (for about 2 years now) and like it very
    much...luck...

    chuckie®, Feb 12, 2008