  1. I use Mozilla 1.6 for my e-mail. There surely is a simple way to do
    it, but I cannot figure it out. How do you delete a card from your
    address book?

    Donald Nichols, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Donald Nichols wrote:

    > I use Mozilla 1.6 for my e-mail. There surely is a simple way to do
    > it, but I cannot figure it out. How do you delete a card from your
    > address book?

    There should be a "Delete" button in the toolbar (far right button).
    Select the card you want to delete and click that button (or simply
    press the Delete key).

    --
    CJ

    Caffeine Junkie, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Donald Nichols

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Caffeine Junkie wrote:
    > Donald Nichols wrote:
    >

    >>I use Mozilla 1.6 for my e-mail. There surely is a simple way to do
    >>it, but I cannot figure it out. How do you delete a card from your
    >>address book?

    > There should be a "Delete" button in the toolbar (far right button).
    > Select the card you want to delete and click that button (or simply
    > press the Delete key).

    And you need to launch the Address Book by one of these methods:

    1. Window - Address Book
    2. Click the Address Book icon on the Mozilla status bar

    You can't delete using the dialogue that appears after you click the
    Address button in a compose window.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Mar 4, 2004
  4. On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:13:47 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    >And you need to launch the Address Book by one of these methods:
    >
    >1. Window - Address Book
    >2. Click the Address Book icon on the Mozilla status bar
    >
    >You can't delete using the dialogue that appears after you click the
    >Address button in a compose window.

    Thanks very much! That worked!

    Donald Nichols, Mar 5, 2004
  5. On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:42:56 -0500, Caffeine Junkie
    <> wrote:

    >There should be a "Delete" button in the toolbar (far right button).
    >Select the card you want to delete and click that button (or simply
    >press the Delete key

    The button is not there, and I tried the 'del' key method, and that
    fails too. Ed Mulen's approach does work, however.

    Donald Nichols, Mar 5, 2004
  6. Donald Nichols wrote:

    > On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:42:56 -0500, Caffeine Junkie
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>There should be a "Delete" button in the toolbar (far right button).
    >>Select the card you want to delete and click that button (or simply
    >>press the Delete key

    > The button is not there, and I tried the 'del' key method, and that
    > fails too. Ed Mulen's approach does work, however.

    The button I referred to is there in my Address Book and the delete key
    does work in my Address Book. I carelessly assumed that when speaking of
    an "address book card", it was inferred that we were speaking of working
    within the Address Book and omitted the critical step that Ed supplied.

    Sorry for any confusion.

    --
    CJ

    Caffeine Junkie, Mar 5, 2004
  7. Donald Nichols wrote:
    > I use Mozilla 1.6 for my e-mail. There surely is a simple way to do
    > it, but I cannot figure it out. How do you delete a card from your
    > address book?

    I you scroll back to 27th Feb messages you'll find the answer. I posted
    the same question myself

    @$$hodkinson.org.uk, Mar 7, 2004