Deleting ACL in one shot - PIX - junk comments

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by AM, Aug 25, 2006.

  1. AM

    AM Guest

    Hi guys,

    is it possible to wipe out an ACL on a PIX in one shot?

    I have some junk comments (weird characters, stressed vowels) and I can not reproduce those ones via telnet or SSH so I
    cano just deleted the junk remark lines. I though to recreate the same ACL without those junk line having another and to
    apply it. Then UI eed to deleted the former ACL but I don't know how to do that.
    If I'm forced to use the no preponed command I won't solve my problem and those junk remarks will still alive
    forever.... Would you like to keep those junk lines alive on my machine? I don't wish that for you :)
    So please help me.
    I don't want to reload a clean config file just for junk comments.

    I created that stuff when I was a newbie to the PIX (there should be a post about this topic) but now I really want to
    get rid of it.

    The problem was born because PDM accepted those stressed characters but CLI interpreted another way.

    Alex.

    AM, Aug 25, 2006

  2. AM

    AM Guest

    AM wrote:

    > Hi guys,
    >
    > is it possible to wipe out an ACL on a PIX in one shot?

    The CLI help (nothing to compare to IOS or FOS 7.0 and above!) wasn't so much useful.

    Just

    no access-list <access-list name>

    Alex.

    AM, Aug 25, 2006