    --
    Denise

    ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Mar 28, 2007

  2. If you delete D, the space (D+E) will be non allocated. Just rightclick on it
    and create a new partition and format. The new partition is as big as D plus
    E were.

    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
    Core 2 Extreme X6800

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Mar 28, 2007

    R. C. White, MVP, Mar 29, 2007
  4. Whoops! I think I just sent a blank message. Sorry!

    Hi, Denise.

    You said "Windows X64". I assume you mean Windows XP x64. The Windows
    Vista x64 (and x86) version of Disk Management is more capable than WinXP,
    but, since you've backed up your Drive D:, the job is easy with either
    Windows version.

    In Disk Management, first delete your Drive E:, then delete Drive D:. Then
    create a new Drive D: using all the available space formerly used by both D:
    and E:. Finally, restore (or copy) your backed-up files to the new Drive
    D:.

    Vista's Disk Management also includes a command to Extend Volume. With
    this, you would not need to delete and recreate D:. After deleting E:, you
    could simply Extend Volume D: to include the now-unallocated space formerly
    used by E:. And you could do that WITHOUT having to backup and restore the
    files on D:.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    (Running Windows Mail in Vista Ultimate x64)

    R. C. White, MVP, Mar 29, 2007
  5. I have Windows XP X64 so that the method given me by Maratonmannen worked
    well for me.

    It's good information that you've given people with Vista though.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Mar 29, 2007