    Stubby Guest

    I fat-fingered my Mail account and managed to delete the Trash bin.
    Can someone tell me how to recover? TIA

    Stubby, Jul 24, 2006

  2. Stubby

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Jul 24, 2006

  3. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >> I fat-fingered my Mail account and managed to delete the Trash bin.
    >> Can someone tell me how to recover? TIA

    > What exactly did you do? And exactly what do you want to recover?

    I don't actually know what I did. However, I noticed that I can't
    delete messages from my InBox using "Delete those marked as spam". Upon
    looking, the Trash bin no long appears on the mail account along with
    Inbos, Unsent, Drafts, Sent and my own Local Folders.

    So, I need to have a Trash bin back so I can delete things.

    Stubby, Jul 24, 2006
  4. Stubby

    gwtc Guest

    Stubby wrote:

    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:
    >>> I fat-fingered my Mail account and managed to delete the Trash bin.
    >>> Can someone tell me how to recover? TIA

    >> What exactly did you do? And exactly what do you want to recover?
    >>

    > I don't actually know what I did. However, I noticed that I can't
    > delete messages from my InBox using "Delete those marked as spam". Upon
    > looking, the Trash bin no long appears on the mail account along with
    > Inbos, Unsent, Drafts, Sent and my own Local Folders.
    >
    > So, I need to have a Trash bin back so I can delete things.

    have you closed the program and restarted it? It should be rebuilt
    when you restart the program

    --
    So, You Think You Know Everything?

    Did you know that Al Capone's business card said he was a used
    furniture dealer.

    gwtc, Jul 24, 2006
  5. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >>
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:
    >>> What exactly did you do? And exactly what do you want to recover?
    >>>

    >> I don't actually know what I did. However, I noticed that I can't
    >> delete messages from my InBox using "Delete those marked as spam".
    >> Upon looking, the Trash bin no long appears on the mail account along
    >> with Inbos, Unsent, Drafts, Sent and my own Local Folders.
    >>
    >> So, I need to have a Trash bin back so I can delete things.

    > have you closed the program and restarted it? It should be rebuilt when
    > you restart the program

    Thanks. That fixed it. Maybe I'll suggest that Thunderbird be
    mofified to prevent to require confirmation upon deleting the standard
    mailboxes, including Trash.

    Stubby, Jul 24, 2006
  6. OT Re: Deleted Trash Bin

    Stubby wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:

    >>> I don't actually know what I did. However, I noticed that I can't
    >>> delete messages from my InBox using "Delete those marked as spam".
    >>> Upon looking, the Trash bin no long appears on the mail account along
    >>> with Inbos, Unsent, Drafts, Sent and my own Local Folders.
    >>>
    >>> So, I need to have a Trash bin back so I can delete things.

    >> have you closed the program and restarted it? It should be rebuilt
    >> when you restart the program
    >>

    > Thanks. That fixed it. Maybe I'll suggest that Thunderbird be
    > mofified to prevent to require confirmation upon deleting the standard
    > mailboxes, including Trash.

    Why? If you delete a standard folder, it will be recreated the next time
    the programs starts anyway.

    so what would be the point of
    **Warning**
    You have requested the Trash folder be deleted
    Please confirm
    Note the Trash folder will be recreated for
    You on the next restart

    Maybe it should be

    **Warning**
    Dont do that its useless
    The folder Trash will be recreated on restart
    So dont bother

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 25, 2006
  7. Stubby

    Jim Guest

    Re: OT Re: Deleted Trash Bin

    > **Warning**
    > Dont do that its useless
    > The folder Trash will be recreated on restart
    > So dont bother

    I'd go with a window that says "Don't delete shit you don't
    want to delete".

    Jim, Jul 25, 2006
  8. Stubby

    arul

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Thanks for putting this question out there...

    it's so easy to fix, yet I probably would have never though of it.

    My Trash folder has been recreated (and even filled with my previous trash), but I created a few sub-folders to keep emails for reference. Does anyone know a way to get the sub-folder of trash back.

    thanks,
    arul

    arul, Oct 4, 2008