    with the registry but is there any danger deleting this particular registry
    folder....Bob

    ---
    Bob B, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Bob B

    °Mike° Guest

    Please disable the (useless) AVG signature. It serves no purpose.
    Right click the AVG icon in the system tray and select the
    E-mail scanner tab. Uncheck the option (don't remember
    the specific wording) to certify outgoing messages.

    Now, to your problem. What software, and what registry
    key would this be, exactly?

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:42:01 +0100, in
    <ZMldb.1100$>
    Bob B scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 27, 2003

  3. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Please disable the (useless) AVG signature. It serves no purpose.
    > Right click the AVG icon in the system tray and select the
    > E-mail scanner tab. Uncheck the option (don't remember
    > the specific wording) to certify outgoing messages.
    >
    > Now, to your problem. What software, and what registry
    > key would this be, exactly?

    ok Mike ..we may realise the AVG sig is not needed but it makes some people
    more confident that my mail is clear from viruses....any way .... the
    registry key ...HKEY_current_ user
    software/broadjump/backup.............accounts...then it lists my current
    and deleted account
    Bob B, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Bob B

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 21:05:47 +0100, in
    <e7mdb.1122$>
    Bob B scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Please disable the (useless) AVG signature. It serves no purpose.
    >> Right click the AVG icon in the system tray and select the
    >> E-mail scanner tab. Uncheck the option (don't remember
    >> the specific wording) to certify outgoing messages.
    >>
    >> Now, to your problem. What software, and what registry
    >> key would this be, exactly?
    >>

    >ok Mike ..we may realise the AVG sig is not needed but it makes some people
    >more confident that my mail is clear from viruses....any way .... the
    >registry key ...HKEY_current_ user
    >software/broadjump/backup.............accounts...then it lists my current
    >and deleted account

    I can't give you an accurate answer, unless you give accurate
    information. I asked what software. Also, the key:

    HKEY_current_ user
    software/broadjump/backup.............accounts...

    makes no sense. What is with all of the "....." ?
    Please keep your finger off the period (full stop) key, it makes
    your post hard to decipher.

    Now, would you like to start again, and tell my what software
    and (exactly) what registry key?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 27, 2003
  5. Bob B

    Patrick Guest

    Bob B wrote:
    > I deleted a mail account some time ago...but when nosing through the
    > registry...found the folder with all the deatails....from that
    > account.....so can I assume that even when an account has been
    > removed, a copy is still in the registry ....question ....bit nervous
    > about fooling with the registry but is there any danger deleting this
    > particular registry folder....Bob

    I just deleted some redundent *.dbx yesterday/today, I ran some reg-cleaners
    later and one of them picked up on the deleted things. Not sure which
    reg-cleaner ('EasyCleaner', 'RegScrubXP', 'RegCleaner') did it, but it may
    have been the first one that I ran.

    Patrick, Sep 27, 2003
  6. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    > I can't give you an accurate answer, unless you give accurate
    > information. I asked what software. Also, the key:
    >
    > HKEY_current_ user
    > software/broadjump/backup.............accounts...
    >
    > makes no sense. What is with all of the "....." ?
    > Please keep your finger off the period (full stop) key, it makes
    > your post hard to decipher.
    >
    > Now, would you like to start again, and tell my what software
    > and (exactly) what registry key?

    98SE using outlook express
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER software/broadjump/Backup/BJOE
    50/identities/OB1ACZE-775CA-usd5-9684-44455/software/microsoft/internet
    account manager/accounts/00000001...00000003..etc........each of the
    0000000? represents a folder
    Bob B, Sep 27, 2003
  7. Bob B

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 21:46:10 +0100, in
    <6Jmdb.1144$>
    Bob B scrawled:

    >> I can't give you an accurate answer, unless you give accurate
    >> information. I asked what software. Also, the key:
    >>
    >> HKEY_current_ user
    >> software/broadjump/backup.............accounts...
    >>
    >> makes no sense. What is with all of the "....." ?
    >> Please keep your finger off the period (full stop) key, it makes
    >> your post hard to decipher.
    >>
    >> Now, would you like to start again, and tell my what software
    >> and (exactly) what registry key?

    >98SE using outlook express
    >HKEY_CURRENT_USER software/broadjump/Backup/BJOE
    >50/identities/OB1ACZE-775CA-usd5-9684-44455/software/microsoft/internet
    >account manager/accounts/00000001...00000003..etc........each of the
    >0000000? represents a folder

    Yes, you can delete those keys. In fact, if you was to remove
    the Broadjump connection software (or if you already have), you
    can delete the entire key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Broadjump

    Better still, clean out your registry with Jv16 Power Tools.
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/jv16.html

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 27, 2003
  8. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    > Yes, you can delete those keys. In fact, if you was to remove
    > the Broadjump connection software (or if you already have), you
    > can delete the entire key:
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Broadjump
    >
    > Better still, clean out your registry with Jv16 Power Tools.
    > http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/jv16.html
    >
    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    Thank you Mike ...by the way what is broadjump? I cannot remember installing
    it
    Bob B, Sep 28, 2003
  9. Bob B

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 01:12:58 +0100, in
    <%Kpdb.1454$>
    Bob B scrawled:

    >> Yes, you can delete those keys. In fact, if you was to remove
    >> the Broadjump connection software (or if you already have), you
    >> can delete the entire key:
    >>
    >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Broadjump
    >>
    >> Better still, clean out your registry with Jv16 Power Tools.
    >> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/jv16.html
    >>

    >Thank you Mike ...by the way what is broadjump? I cannot remember
    >installing it

    You're welcome.

    Broadjump (according to info on the net) is a supplier of ISP
    Connection Manager software (amongst other things).

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 28, 2003
  10. Bob B

    Richard Guest

    Bob wrote:

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Please disable the (useless) AVG signature. It serves no purpose.
    >> Right click the AVG icon in the system tray and select the
    >> E-mail scanner tab. Uncheck the option (don't remember
    >> the specific wording) to certify outgoing messages.

    >> Now, to your problem. What software, and what registry
    >> key would this be, exactly?

    > ok Mike ..we may realise the AVG sig is not needed but it makes some
    > people
    > more confident that my mail is clear from viruses....any way .... the
    > registry key ...HKEY_current_ user
    > software/broadjump/backup.............accounts...then it lists my
    > current
    > and deleted account

    Since that key was created by broadjump, you can safely delete any key under
    it with no problems.
    And you can probably delete the entire broadjump folder as well.
    No big deal if you leave it in.
    Practically anything created by 3rd parties can be safely deleted.
    www.toniarts.com get "Easy cleaner" and use it to clean out your registry.
    Richard, Sep 28, 2003
  11. Bob B

    Plato Guest

    Bob B wrote:

    > ok Mike ..we may realise the AVG sig is not needed but it makes some people
    > more confident that my mail is clear from viruses....any way .... the

    Uh, no, it has no claim whatsoever that your email is clear from
    viruses. It's a totally baseless advertising claim. That's why folks ask
    you to remove the false advertising.

    It' actually VERY bad that you are giving some folks a very false sense
    of security with that totally baseless .sig.
    Plato, Sep 28, 2003