    appear to be anything there to prevent it being found. Is it something
    in Xp or the up dated OE which prevents me finding it. Or is it the
    idiot factor? Any comments would be appreciated, Don.

    Don Cressey, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Don Cressey wrote:
    > I have always told friends that as part of keeping their hard drives
    > tidy and free of superfluous rubbish that if the use Email a lot then
    > after a period of time the Deleted Items.dbx can become very large and
    > take up useful space. Do a search anddelete - OE will create a new and
    > empty Deleted Items.dbx.
    > With XP I have never been able to find the Deleted Items.dbx.
    > I have looked in File types (re hidden files) etc and there does not
    > appear to be anything there to prevent it being found. Is it something
    > in Xp or the up dated OE which prevents me finding it. Or is it the
    > idiot factor? Any comments would be appreciated, Don.

    Just right click on the deleted items folder and click "Empty deleted items
    folder". :)

    Cheers,
    Nicholas SHerlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Don Cressey

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Nicholas Sherlock" wrote
    > Just right click on the deleted items folder and click "Empty deleted

    items
    > folder". :)

    Although that "empties the deleted items", it only get's rid of the database
    reference to the email inside that file(deleted items.dbx).
    You can however right click on "local folders" and choose "properties", then
    click on the ummm something tab at the top, and compact it from there...

    Another option is to click on tools, options, maintainence, "clean up now"

    T.N.O., Sep 30, 2003
  4. Don Cressey

    cowboyz Guest

    "Don Cressey" <moncress@> wrote in message
    > I have always told friends that as part of keeping their hard drives
    > tidy and free of superfluous rubbish that if the use Email a lot then
    > after a period of time the Deleted Items.dbx can become very large and
    > take up useful space. Do a search anddelete - OE will create a new and
    > empty Deleted Items.dbx.
    > With XP I have never been able to find the Deleted Items.dbx.
    > I have looked in File types (re hidden files) etc and there does not
    > appear to be anything there to prevent it being found. Is it something
    > in Xp or the up dated OE which prevents me finding it. Or is it the
    > idiot factor? Any comments would be appreciated, Don.

    it is located in c:\docs and settings\user\local settings\application
    data\identies\(long HEX )\microsoft\outlook express.

    but as TNO has mentioned. just use the options in OE to clean it up.

    cowboyz, Sep 30, 2003
  5. Don Cressey

    -{-astrae-}- Guest

    From memory I think if you use the XP find function it doesnt give you any
    from the application data folder. I found this when I was trying to find my
    OE files.

    -{-astrae-}-, Sep 30, 2003
  6. Don Cressey

    cowboyz Guest

    "-{-astrae-}-" <> wrote in message
    > From memory I think if you use the XP find function it doesnt give you any
    > from the application data folder. I found this when I was trying to find

    my
    > OE files.

    dunno. I use windows commander for EVERYTHING. It is surprising how much I
    miss it when repairing someone elses computer who doesn't have it.

    cowboyz, Sep 30, 2003