    Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files back from the
    hard drive they must be there somewhere on the unused part of the drive?
    Any Ideas thanks
    Peter Donovan, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Peter Donovan

    Boomer Guest

    Peter Donovan, <> wrote:

    > Hi
    > I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the
    > problem that a
    > friend of mine has got
    >
    > He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and
    > guese what he deleted them of the computer into the recycle bin
    > ,and to make matters worse then by accident deleted the CD !! No
    > this person is genuine not me
    >
    > The poor guy is gutted as most of the files lost where of his
    > children.
    >
    > Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files
    > back from the hard drive they must be there somewhere on the
    > unused part of the drive? Any Ideas thanks

    Possibly this.
    Restoration
    "Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin by mistake.
    Conversely, delete files completely."
    http://hccweb1.bai.ne.jp/~hcj58401/
    Boomer, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Peter Donovan

    °Mike° Guest

    Has he emptied the recycle bin? If not, they will still be
    in there, and it's simply a matter of restoring them.

    If he has emptied the recycle bin, it will depend on how
    often he has used the drive since then, on what chance
    he has of restoring any meaningful images.

    Check the recycle bin first, and if necessary, tell him to
    stop using the drive IMMEDIATELY! Install (on another
    drive) GetDataBack
    http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:44:38 +0100, in
    <aNhlb.492$>
    Peter Donovan scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Peter Donovan

    anthonyberet Guest

    Peter Donovan wrote:
    > Hi
    > I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the problem
    > that a friend of mine has got
    >
    > He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and guese
    > what he deleted them of the computer into the recycle bin ,and to
    > make matters worse then by accident deleted the CD !! No this person
    > is genuine not me
    >
    > The poor guy is gutted as most of the files lost where of his
    > children.
    >
    > Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files back
    > from the hard drive they must be there somewhere on the unused part
    > of the drive? Any Ideas thanks

    here are some sites to get started... (should be some free utilities there).
    It is important that your friend doesn't use the computer until the
    undeletion is done, as windows operations may overwrite his files, and then
    they will be lost for good.
    bounce.
    Do you use filesharing networks? If so, please visit my online poll:
    http://vote.sparklit.com/web_poll.spark/780772
    anthonyberet
    anthonyberet, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Peter Donovan

    anthonyberet Guest

    anthonyberet wrote:
    > Peter Donovan wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the problem
    >> that a friend of mine has got
    >>
    >> He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and guese
    >> what he deleted them of the computer into the recycle bin ,and to
    >> make matters worse then by accident deleted the CD !! No this person
    >> is genuine not me
    >>
    >> The poor guy is gutted as most of the files lost where of his
    >> children.
    >>
    >> Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files back
    >> from the hard drive they must be there somewhere on the unused part
    >> of the drive? Any Ideas thanks

    > here are some sites to get started... (should be some free utilities
    > there). It is important that your friend doesn't use the computer
    > until the undeletion is done, as windows operations may overwrite his
    > files, and then they will be lost for good.

    Doh! I forgot the link:
    http://www.software-x.com/software-x/undelete.html
    anthonyberet, Oct 21, 2003
  6. Peter Donovan

    QQQ Guest

    "Peter Donovan" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi
    > I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the problem that a
    > friend of mine has got
    >
    > He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and guese what he
    > deleted them of the computer into the recycle bin ,and to make matters

    worse
    > then by accident deleted the CD !! No this person is genuine not me
    >
    > The poor guy is gutted as most of the files lost where of his children.
    >
    > Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files back from

    the
    > hard drive they must be there somewhere on the unused part of the drive?
    > Any Ideas thanks

    Maybe it's possible to recover the files from the deleted CD. I don't have
    any experience about recovering files from CD-ROM's but I've read somewhere
    it might work. Anyone any idea?

    WK
    QQQ, Oct 21, 2003
  7. Peter Donovan

    Boomer Guest

    anthonyberet, <> wrote:

    > anthonyberet wrote:
    >> Peter Donovan wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>> I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the
    >>> problem
    >>> that a friend of mine has got
    >>>
    >>> He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and
    >>> guese what he deleted them of the computer into the recycle
    >>> bin ,and to make matters worse then by accident deleted the CD
    >>> !! No this person is genuine not me

    [snip]
    >> here are some sites to get started... (should be some free
    >> utilities there). It is important that your friend doesn't use
    >> the computer until the undeletion is done, as windows
    >> operations may overwrite his files, and then they will be lost
    >> for good.

    > Doh! I forgot the link:
    > http://www.software-x.com/software-x/undelete.html

    For NT, 2k and XP only.
    Boomer, Oct 21, 2003
  8. Peter Donovan

    Boomer Guest

    Peter Donovan, <> wrote:

    > Hi
    > I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the
    > problem that a
    > friend of mine has got
    >
    > He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and
    > guese what he deleted them of the computer into the recycle bin
    > ,and to make matters worse then by accident deleted the CD !! No
    > this person is genuine not me
    >
    > The poor guy is gutted as most of the files lost where of his
    > children.
    >
    > Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files
    > back from the hard drive they must be there somewhere on the
    > unused part of the drive? Any Ideas thanks

    This was just posted today at acf for CD and floppy recovery.

    "Recovery Is Possible"
    Project URL: http://freshmeat.net/projects/recoveryispossible/
    Boomer, Oct 21, 2003
  9. Peter Donovan

    chino Guest

    Norton Utilities is another good resource

    chino, Oct 21, 2003
  10. Peter Donovan

    Boomer Guest

    chino, <> wrote:

    > Norton Utilities is another good resource

    Why tell me?

    I won't use Norton/Symantec products.

    Boomer, Oct 21, 2003
  11. Peter Donovan

    Bryan Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > chino, <> wrote:
    >
    >> Norton Utilities is another good resource

    > Why tell me?

    You're worth talking to!
    :)
    <grovel> ;)

    Bryan, Oct 21, 2003
  12. Peter Donovan

    Boomer Guest

    Bryan, <> wrote:

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> chino, <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Norton Utilities is another good resource

    >> Why tell me?

    > You're worth talking to!
    >:)
    > [snip the grovel bit]

    Nice talking to you too, Bryan. :)
    Boomer, Oct 21, 2003
  13. Peter Donovan

    anthonyberet Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > anthonyberet, <> wrote:
    >
    >> anthonyberet wrote:

    > [snip]
    >>> here are some sites to get started... (should be some free
    >>> utilities there). It is important that your friend doesn't use
    >>> the computer until the undeletion is done, as windows
    >>> operations may overwrite his files, and then they will be lost
    >>> for good.

    >> Doh! I forgot the link:
    >> http://www.software-x.com/software-x/undelete.html

    > For NT, 2k and XP only.

    ........and win95, win98, win98se , DOS and Linux.
    anthonyberet, Oct 22, 2003
  14. Peter Donovan

    Boomer Guest

    anthonyberet, <> wrote:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> anthonyberet, <> wrote:

    >> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> Doh! I forgot the link:
    >>> http://www.software-x.com/software-x/undelete.html

    >> For NT, 2k and XP only.

    > .......and win95, win98, win98se , DOS and Linux.

    Sorry. I was looking at "Emergency Undelete" from your link above
    which lead to this link:
    http://www.softwareshelf.com/products/undelete2.asp
    Boomer, Oct 22, 2003
  15. Peter Donovan

    Livewire Guest

    In article <aNhlb.492$>,
    says...
    > Hi
    > I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the problem that a
    > friend of mine has got
    >
    > He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and guese what he
    > deleted them of the computer into the recycle bin ,and to make matters worse
    > then by accident deleted the CD !! No this person is genuine not me
    >
    > The poor guy is gutted as most of the files lost where of his children.
    >
    > Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files back from the
    > hard drive they must be there somewhere on the unused part of the drive?
    > Any Ideas thanks

    He could try looking at the CD as well.

    Digital Image Recovery from
    http://www.z-a-recovery.com/?source=i_r_about