    What is causing this, and how do I fix it.

    Please help.

    Thanks
    Wilson Morton, Apr 20, 2007

  2. Wilson Morton

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:05:08 GMT, "Wilson Morton"
    <> wrote:

    >win xp home edition. In the past week when I delete an e-mail in O.E. it
    >goes into the deleted file, but after a few minutes it dis-appears and the
    >deleted file shows no e-mails in it.
    >
    >What is causing this, and how do I fix it.
    >
    >Please help.

    Likely a setting in OE, automatically delete or something. Look under
    tools.

    If you don't want something deleted, don't delete it.
    Evan Platt, Apr 20, 2007

  3. Wilson Morton

    ftran999 Guest

    "Wilson Morton" <> wrote in message
    > win xp home edition. In the past week when I delete an e-mail in O.E. it
    > goes into the deleted file, but after a few minutes it dis-appears and the
    > deleted file shows no e-mails in it.
    >
    > What is causing this, and how do I fix it.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks

    This is just a wild guess so it would be advisable not too take what I say
    with a grain of salt. I've noticed under the options menu for OLE under
    the maintainance tab the are two check box choices:
    "Empty
    messages from "deleted items" folder on exit"
    and
    "Purge deleted messages when leaving IMAP folders"
    I wondering whether those boxes are checked or not is what might be
    causing your problem?
    ftran999, Apr 20, 2007
  4. You nailed the problem!! I unchecked the box and it works fine now.

    Thanks

    Wilson Morton, Apr 21, 2007
  5. Thanks for your help.

    Wilson Morton, Apr 21, 2007