    ladynva Guest

    HELP! I deleted computer administrator by mistake...anyway to recover
    it????????

    ladynva, Feb 4, 2009

  2. ladynva

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, ladynva.

    Step 1: Don't panic! Chances are, you didn't delete your Administrator
    account. That's not easy to do, even intentionally, and it probably didn't
    happen by mistake.

    Step 2: To give us at least some chance of helping you, please tell us at
    least a little bit about your computer. For starters, are you running WinXP
    Pro SP1? Or Vista Ultimate x64? Or something else? And it couldn't hurt
    if you mentioned the make and model of your computer, how many users, and
    other details that might help us help you.

    Step 3: HOW did you delete it by mistake?

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    (Running Windows Live Mail 2009 in Win7 Ultimate x64 7000)

    R. C. White, Feb 4, 2009

  3. ladynva

    philo Guest

    "ladynva" <> wrote in message
    > HELP! I deleted computer administrator by mistake...anyway to recover
    > it????????

    It is impossible to delete the administrator account.

    At worst, you've simply deleted an account with administrative privileges.

    All you need to do is log on as administrator and create a new account

    philo, Feb 4, 2009
  4. ladynva

    ladynva Guest

    Running XP Professional SP 1, 2 users , gateway computer, I made my
    daughter an administrator account and made me another account that was
    limited and deleted my old admin account and when we looked at users
    accounts in control panel the new admin account i made for her was gone and
    the only one left was my limited account . Hope this helps...Thanks so much
    for the reply

    ladynva, Feb 4, 2009
  5. Since you have stumbled into the 64-bit Windows group and
    you are not running any version 64-bit Windows, you should
    be posting over in one of the Windows XP groups.

    Start by trying either:
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 4, 2009
  6. ladynva

    philo Guest

    "ladynva" <> wrote in message
    > HELP! I deleted computer administrator by mistake...anyway to recover
    > it????????

    You were already told that it is *impossible* to delete the administrator
    account.
    You must have simply deleted an account with administrative privileges.

    Boot to safe mode and log on as administrator,
    then re-create whatever user account you want.

    Unless you specifically set an administrator password when you installed
    Windows,
    by default, the password is blank

    philo, Feb 5, 2009
  7. No, it doesn't have any letters either capital or lower case.

    Definition:
    blank (blngk)

    1.
    a. Devoid of writing, images, or marks: a blank page; a
    blank screen.
    b. Containing no information; unrecorded or erased: a blank
    tape; a blank diskette.

    2. Not completed or filled in: a blank questionnaire.

    Blank as in EMPTY - Nothing - NADA!

    All you do is press the <Enter> key

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 10, 2009