    bookmarks, and was surprised to notice they weren't transferred to the
    Recycle Bin. Didn't that used to be the path with earlier versions of
    Firefox? Or is there a setting with FF 2.0 I need to change?

    History Fan, Oct 27, 2006

  2. History Fan wrote:
    > I'm using Firefox 2.0, on a XP SP2 computer. I just deleted some
    > bookmarks, and was surprised to notice they weren't transferred to the
    > Recycle Bin. Didn't that used to be the path with earlier versions of
    > Firefox? Or is there a setting with FF 2.0 I need to change?

    Well, if you deleted the entire bookmarks.html file, then you could
    expect to find it in the Recycle Bin. If you removed a couple of
    bookmarks in Bookmarks Manager, you're just removing entries in a file.
    They would not go into the Recycle bin any more then a deleted
    sentence in a Word document would.

    If you can't just rebookmark the pages in question, you could restore an
    earlier version from the bookmarkbackups folder of your profile. You
    will find a backup copy for each of the last five days.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 27, 2006