    I am running Win2K. I tried a Win 98 boot disk, but it would not show my
    Raid0 drive. I tried OS2 disks, same thing. I did a full scan with AVP so
    far all looks clean. I would appreciate any suggestions.
    Patrick Doyle, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Patrick Doyle

    Spider Guest

    > Hello. It looks like a script kiddy had a good time with my FTP. In the
    > upload directory, they created a new directory, with about 15 sub
    > directories inside. The last one had no name. If I try to delete the folder
    > I get an error to the effect the can not delete folder, directory not empty.
    > I can not find any files, and if I right click and check properties, it
    > shows 15 folders, no files. If I try to rename the last folder, the unnamed
    > one, or delete it, I get a message can not delete, can not read from the
    > source file or disk. This folder shows a 0 bytes.
    >
    > I am running Win2K. I tried a Win 98 boot disk, but it would not show my
    > Raid0 drive. I tried OS2 disks, same thing. I did a full scan with AVP so
    > far all looks clean. I would appreciate any suggestions.

    You can't delete them because it is running in memory. Have you tried booting to safe mode to delete? Get spybot and/or ad-aware and clean the spyware off your system. That's a good start anyway. Make sure you are scanning with a current pattern file in your AV software.

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    --
    Composed with Newz Crawler 1.5 http://www.newzcrawler.com/
    Spider, Sep 18, 2003

  3. Thanks Spider as always, your tips worked. Safemode did the trick. You
    Little Leaguers out there, no more anon/anon on the FTP

    Patrick Doyle, Sep 18, 2003