Delete Network on XP SP2 - answer for nass

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdCBQbGFpbiBCaWxs?=, Aug 12, 2007.

  1. I was asked by nass to reply on this forum to his return post to my question.
    Here is my reply.

    Thank you nass.

    I may have used the wrong terminology in describing how the two computers
    were networked in my original message.

    They are both connected to the lan side of the Belkin Wireless router.

    I have never had data transfer wirelessly, only through the lan side, which
    is why I was trying to set up the wireless network, in the first place.

    As to your questions,

    1. I am using a Belkin Wireless Pre-N Router, Model F5D8230-4.
    2. I have never had an error message, occasionally my laptop tells me it
    cannot acquire an address, but unplugging the router, waiting about 5
    minutes, and then plugging it back in, solves the problem.
    3. I do not have a secured wireless network.
    4. When I first got the router, a few months ago, I was able to get to a web
    page, I think by entering a router address. It was all greek to me.

    My laptop says it is connected to the router, but there is no data going
    through wirelessly.

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdCBQbGFpbiBCaWxs?=, Aug 12, 2007

  2. Hi
    All your computers are on the LAN side.
    The Network formed around the Router, some connect with a wire, and some
    wirelessly, but they all (if configured correctly) belong to the same
    Network.
    Computers on Wire should be able to connect to the Internet and the
    computers that using Wireless should be able as well.
    If sharing is enabling on all computers then the computers can also exchange
    info between them as well.
    The whole system should look like this,
    http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    I understand that you have a Wireless Laptop.
    This page would explain how to evaluate the laptop Wireless installation.
    These pages give information about configuring the Wireless and security.
    Do some reading and try to be more focused in your next questions.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 12, 2007