    2003 that is responsible for the Inbox folder. I want to know where it
    is located.

    , Apr 6, 2006

  2. beenthere Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all, Some how I can not find any information on this subject. I
    > always get people who talk about the *.pst files or Outlook Express. I
    > want to know how to delete all the mail in my inbox without selecting
    > all and selecting delete. I am talking about the 1 file from Outlook
    > 2003 that is responsible for the Inbox folder. I want to know where it
    > is located.

    Start\Search, and type in inbox.dbx.

    beenthere, Apr 6, 2006

  3. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all, Some how I can not find any information on this subject. I
    > always get people who talk about the *.pst files or Outlook Express.

    There's a reason for that. They are using OE's database system which is
    different from OL's db system to explain to you what the answer is.

    > want to know how to delete all the mail in my inbox without selecting
    > all and selecting delete.

    Why? Why do you want to do that? What exactly are you trying to do and
    why are you trying to do it?

    In OE, the db has a separate .dbx file for the 'folder' Inbox and
    similarly for the other folders, which are actually stored as files. In
    OL the storage file is a .pst file instead of a .dbx, but most
    importantly for your question, there isn't a separate inbox.pst file
    because various different functional folders including the inbox are
    stored in a single .pst file.

    > I am talking about the 1 file from Outlook
    > 2003 that is responsible for the Inbox folder.

    There is no such thing. The .pst file which contains the inbox is an
    amalgamation of other folders in addition to the inbox. It doesn't work
    like OE.

    > I want to know where it
    > is located.

    Here's a tutorial showing screenshots of accessing the .pst file and an
    explanation of how there is no such thing as a separate inbox file.
    http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm The Personal Folder
    file (.pst / PST) is the place where Outlook stores its data

    .... and here's a MS kb 287070 article on handling .pst files in OL
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070/en-us How to manage .pst files
    in Outlook 2002 and in Outlook 2003

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Apr 6, 2006
  4. Dan Evans Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi all, Some how I can not find any information on this subject. I
    > always get people who talk about the *.pst files or Outlook Express. I
    > want to know how to delete all the mail in my inbox without selecting
    > all and selecting delete. I am talking about the 1 file from Outlook
    > 2003 that is responsible for the Inbox folder. I want to know where it
    > is located.

    Within the .pst file - they're not separate like they are in OE. What's with
    CTRL+A and hitting delete anyway?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 6, 2006