    When Laptop boots it's till looking for the GRUB Loader! Doh!
    How do I get around this to boot XP Pro without having to clean instal?

    Thanks

    Use.Netuser.ntl, Aug 10, 2005

  2. "Use.Netuser.ntl" <> wrote ...
    > I had C: XP Pro & E: SuSe 8.1 I used Drive Image to restore C: XP Pro and
    > reformatted E:
    > When Laptop boots it's till looking for the GRUB Loader! Doh!
    > How do I get around this to boot XP Pro without having to clean instal?

    Ok, I used a 98SE boot disk to run fdisk /mbr and XP loaded!
    Guess that's all that's needed.

    Use.Netuser.ntl, Aug 10, 2005

  3. Use.Netuser.ntl

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:20:03 GMT, Use.Netuser.ntl wrote:

    >"Use.Netuser.ntl" <> wrote ...
    >> I had C: XP Pro & E: SuSe 8.1 I used Drive Image to restore C: XP Pro and
    >> reformatted E:
    >> When Laptop boots it's till looking for the GRUB Loader! Doh!
    >> How do I get around this to boot XP Pro without having to clean instal?

    >Ok, I used a 98SE boot disk to run fdisk /mbr and XP loaded!
    >Guess that's all that's needed.

    That's the one.

    There is also a MS KB article
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314458
    How to Remove Linux and Install Windows XP

    www.google.com and past posts in 24HSHD ,

    15 results for remove grub

    Me

    why?, Aug 10, 2005