delete a program off my computer completely (nothign in registry)

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by apaschea, Dec 18, 2007.

1. apaschea

apaschea

hi,
    first of all i have no idea if i have the right type of forum.

here is my problem. How do i remove a program completely from my computer. Basically im going to uninstall a poker program, but when i reinstall it i dont want the program to kwno that it was already installed.

I thought i could just delete the registry key but i guess not because it know i already had it on my computer. I only deleted certain things though. I beleive that it was in the hl current user, software "pacific poker" tab.

if you can help me copmpletely remove it from my comptuter that would be great

andre
    apaschea, Dec 18, 2007
    1. Advertising

2. apaschea

BigMike

well apaschea, if you want to install a program under these circumstances, then you should create a restore point before installation. As for now, uninstall the poker program completely. Next go to C:/program files folder and delete all folders that may be left behind from the poker program. Next (which should actually be first as a time saver) download a registry cleaner (download.com has a lot of freebies) and scan your registry. Now honestly, I must tell you that messin' with the registry ain't a good idea for a novice. But if you delete all references to your poker program, that should do the trick. Again, and I can't stress this enough, screwing with the registry can FUBAR Windows, but if you just get rid of the registry entries that pertain to the poker program, then you should be fine.

After the scan, you'll probably see many "problems" the registry scanner has found. Just sift through them and find ONLY the files that pertain to the poker program.
    BigMike, Jan 2, 2008
    1. Advertising