    deal with it though. Couldn't find a knowledgebase article.

    Can anyone help?

    -harley

    Harley, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Harley

    PhilGreg Guest

    "Harley" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Windows 98SE machine.
    >
    > Running ok, programs load fast except there seems to be a 30-60

    second delay
    > after double clicking on a program before it even starts to load. It

    just
    > sits for 30 seconds like you didn nothing then all of a sudden it'll

    start

    > I know someone's had this problem, I've heard of it before. Never

    had to
    > deal with it though. Couldn't find a knowledgebase article.
    >
    > Can anyone help?

    ==> Do the dance, Scan, run SFC and Defrag. In addition, run a reg
    cleaner and empty your TIF.

    --
    Phil

    \\\///
    ( o o )
    --------oOOO-- ( )--OOOo------

    PhilGreg, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Harley

    Agnes L. Guest

    "Harley" <> wrote in message
    | Windows 98SE machine.
    |
    | Running ok, programs load fast except there seems to be a 30-60 second
    delay
    | after double clicking on a program before it even starts to load. It just
    | sits for 30 seconds like you didn nothing then all of a sudden it'll start
    |
    | I know someone's had this problem, I've heard of it before. Never had to
    | deal with it though. Couldn't find a knowledgebase article.
    |
    | Can anyone help?
    |
    | -harley

    Sure hope someone can come up with an answer Harley because
    l'm having the same problem and it's most annoying! It started about
    2 weeks ago.....I'm running W2k pro. Aggie

    Agnes L., Sep 11, 2003
  4. Harley

    Boomer Guest

    Harley said:

    > Windows 98SE machine.
    >
    > Running ok, programs load fast except there seems to be a 30-60
    > second delay after double clicking on a program before it even
    > starts to load. It just sits for 30 seconds like you didn
    > nothing then all of a sudden it'll start loading the program
    > like normal.
    >
    > I know someone's had this problem, I've heard of it before.
    > Never had to deal with it though. Couldn't find a knowledgebase
    > article.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > -harley

    Have you cleaned out your cache, history, temp and cookie files?
    (Restart the computer first, then clean.)

    Have you done a _thorough_ scan disk and then defrag lately?

    Ran your antivirus program lately? Ad-aware and SpybotSD? Any screen
    saver's running in the background? (Ctrl Atl Del to check.)
    Find Fast enabled (MSOffice)? My Documents folder full?
    Firewall? Norton products installed? Any newly installed programs?

    Here's a few links than may help with cleaning up your HD
    if you think that may be an issue.
    http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/clean_hd.html
    http://members.aol.com/mswebbie/space.htm
    http://www.toejumper.net/maintain4/del4.htm

    Hope something here will help.

    Boomer, Sep 11, 2003
  5. Harley

    Agnes L. Guest

    "Harley" <> wrote in message
    | i just read them in order. i've never seen posts outta order. but
    regardles,
    | do you have anything to add about my problem? i still haven't resolved it.
    |
    | harley

    Hi Harley, as mentioned, l had the same problem...Did everything but
    sing to the friggin machine :) Checked Microsoft, Google, as well as, a
    disk check, disk cleanup, scan, defrag, spybot, and removal of all
    temp/history and cookie files, to no avail! Switched to another mouse
    and the problem went away....Might not work, but worth a try!

    Aggie.

    Agnes L., Sep 11, 2003
  6. Harley

    Harley Guest

    yea, i know it sounds pretentious, but all that stuff has to do with a hard
    drive being clogged up and isn't related to this problem, besides which it
    was all done before i posted this. that isn't the problem. the hard drive
    doesn't even kick in for 30-60 seconds. the computer just sits idle as if
    nobody was using it. then all of a sudden 30-60 seconds later the program
    will load up like normal, as if you had just double-clicked it to open.
    something is causing the CPU to not get the message to open the program for
    that amount of time.

    Harley, Sep 11, 2003
  7. Harley

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Harley continued:

    Excuse me, why are you replying to yourself ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Sep 11, 2003
  8. Harley

    Harley Guest

    Harley, Sep 11, 2003
  9. Harley

    Kraftee Guest

    Harley wrote:
    > i replied to the group. dunno which one i clicked. does it really
    > matter, it's not hard to follow the conversation.

    I'm afraid it does as sometimes not everybody, who reads this news
    group, will receive the postings & even if they do it may not be in
    the order which you see them. Postings do get lost & delayed as they
    are propagated from one server to the next.

    Which is another reason not to top post as well.
    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....

    Kraftee, Sep 11, 2003
  10. Harley

    slumpy Guest

    slumpy, Sep 11, 2003
  11. Harley

    Harley Guest

    Harley, Sep 12, 2003
  12. Harley

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Harley continued:

    So if I post this message it will make perfect sense to you ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Sep 12, 2003
  13. Harley

    Harley Guest

    that's good to know, i'll give that a shot. thanks.

    Harley, Sep 12, 2003