    deleted cookies & temporary internet files. I've 512MB of DDR memory
    running on a pentium IV 2.4GHz intel mb. Any suggestions? Thanks in
    advance...

    loftydon, Jul 7, 2003

  2. loftydon

    °Mike° Guest

    Carefully follow ALL of the maintenance steps here:

    If that doesn't help, post back.

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:10:29 -0400, in
    <3f087325_4@newsfeed>
    loftydon scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 7, 2003

  3. loftydon

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as loftydon continued:

    > Hi, All..
    > Most of the time when I power on my Win98SE PC and allow it to boot
    > to the desktop, I find that when I click on the "start" button, the
    > button appears pushed in but nothing happens for about 10-15 seconds.
    > Then the menus pop up. The foregoing also happens when I'm in
    > Explorer and right click on a folder. Sometimes, though, it works
    > just fine. I've defragged my drives, deleted cookies & temporary
    > internet files. I've 512MB of DDR memory running on a pentium IV
    > 2.4GHz intel mb. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

    Cleared out all the *.tmp files ? I found thousands and my machine improved
    considerably as soon as they were deleted.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 7, 2003
  4. loftydon

    ilmc Guest

    "loftydon" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, All..
    > Most of the time when I power on my Win98SE PC and allow it to boot to the
    > desktop, I find that when I click on the "start" button, the button

    appears
    > pushed in but nothing happens for about 10-15 seconds. Then the menus pop
    > up. The foregoing also happens when I'm in Explorer and right click on a
    > folder. Sometimes, though, it works just fine. I've defragged my drives,
    > deleted cookies & temporary internet files. I've 512MB of DDR memory
    > running on a pentium IV 2.4GHz intel mb. Any suggestions? Thanks in
    > advance...

    ..... and some CD/CD-R drive take a age to find they have nothing to do.

    ilmc, Jul 7, 2003