    jobs and money.

    Thanks,
    Sheila Porter

    Guest, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Guest

    Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > For the past few days, I have been receiving emails that were
    > actually sent on Jan 12, 13 and 14, but am just now receiving them on
    > the 19th and 20th of January.

    It is possible that your provider experienced mail delays that have now
    been remedied.

    > I can't afford for this to keep happening.

    Email isn't completely reliable; if you depend on it you should create
    some redundancy by having an alternate source or two for important mail.
    That way if carolina or triad RR mail is delayed, your alternate mail
    provider will provide you with timely mail.

    I don't think it is going to be time well spent contacting your provider
    about this past issue. You can gripe, they can respond, the customer
    service may or not be familiar with what the issue was; and they will
    continue to do whatever it is they do however well they do it that
    usually results in your mail being ontime and sometimes not.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 20, 2005

  3. wrote:

    > For the past few days, I have been receiving emails that were
    > actually sent on Jan 12, 13 and 14, but am just now receiving them on
    > the 19th and 20th of January. These are business websites that I
    > receive almost daily emails from and have never had a problem like
    > this before. I am a secret shopper and these emails consists of job
    > offers, that by the time I receive them, are past dated.

    > I can't afford for this to keep happening. I get my email through
    > Outlook Express and have never had this happen. Please HELP!!! It's
    > costing me jobs and money.

    If you open your delayed emails and look at the full header info:
    Right-Click the message in your index,
    click PROPERTIES then DETAILS

    You'll get the listing of time-date stamps from each server during
    delivery. You should be able to tell from that where the slowdown was.

    If you're unable to decode them, contact your ISP (RoadRunner) and ask
    for them to do so instead.

    --

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 22, 2005