    a second or two printing starts OK. Windows 98SE, HP Laserjet 6L with it's
    own drivers. Any idea what might have changed?

    Roman

    r_mervart, Nov 20, 2003

  2. r_mervart

    M Mullen Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:39:55 -0000, "r_mervart"
    <> wrote:

    |> Recently I almost always get a message "printer not found" first but after
    |> a second or two printing starts OK. Windows 98SE, HP Laserjet 6L with it's
    |> own drivers. Any idea what might have changed?

    Printing a large file? If so your spool hasn't filled yet. You can change the
    setting to print before the spool fills.
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w

    M Mullen, Nov 22, 2003

  3. r_mervart

    r_mervart Guest

    "M Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:39:55 -0000, "r_mervart"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > |> Recently I almost always get a message "printer not found" first but

    after
    > |> a second or two printing starts OK. Windows 98SE, HP Laserjet 6L with

    it's
    > |> own drivers. Any idea what might have changed?
    >
    > Printing a large file? If so your spool hasn't filled yet. You can change

    the
    > setting to print before the spool fills.

    If that was a reason it would just say "printing" and after some delay
    actually started printing. Previously I did not get a transient report
    "printer not found" first (unless I would actually disconnect the printer or
    introduced some genuine disconnection)

    Regards
    Roman

    r_mervart, Nov 22, 2003