Delay in Email

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Michael, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    In <news:bfnebg$45b$>,
    Joan & Larry Tarbell said:

    > Can you help? The email people send me has a big delay..sometimes I
    > do not receive it for 2-3 days even tho they have sent it....How do I
    > fix this??????? thanks!
    >
    > Joan

    I don't suppose the delay in your email might have anything to do with your
    being 12 hours ahead of the rest of the planet, does it?

    Even if it isn't, you should fix your clock.

    You're posting from tomorrow morning... on Atlantic Time.

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Can you help? The email people send me has a big delay..sometimes I do not

    Joan & Larry Tarbell, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Michael

    trout Guest

    Patch wrote:

    > "Michael" <> wrote in message
    >> In <news:bfnebg$45b$>,
    >> Joan & Larry Tarbell said:
    >>
    >>> Can you help? The email people send me has a big delay..sometimes I
    >>> do not receive it for 2-3 days even tho they have sent it....How do
    >>> I fix this??????? thanks!
    >>>
    >>> Joan

    >> I don't suppose the delay in your email might have anything to do
    >> with your being 12 hours ahead of the rest of the planet, does it?
    >>
    >> Even if it isn't, you should fix your clock.
    >>
    >> You're posting from tomorrow morning... on Atlantic Time.
    >>
    >> ((U))
    >>
    >> Michael I'm confused, it appears to me that you are the one out of
    >> sync

    > with the world. Your post is dated 7-23 at 9:56 pm! Today is the 24th.

    Yes, but he posted this yesterday, at the *correct* time. His reply
    just stayed threaded with a future-dated post, that time eventually
    caught-up with.
    As you can see; the posters next message, "Message Delay", has
    several replies from what seems to be the past.
    --
    "And that's enough time-travel for today. My head hurts."

    trout, Jul 24, 2003