DEL command in registry key doesn't work

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Mijc, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Mijc

    Mijc Guest

    Hello,
    I need to delete some files in win98 with a .inf file. Since is not
    possible to delete files directly(some could be in use), this file
    puts the dos commands, ex.
    "del c:\file.ext"
    "del /s c:\mydocu~1\myfold~1\*.*"
    in the registry key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce,
    so after reboot these file should be deleted. But it doen't work.
    I also tried to put those command in the RunOnce key of the Local
    Machine section(HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce)
    but it doesn't do that. it places them only in HKCU. And if I create
    the keys manually, after reboot it doesn't delete the files anyway.
    Somebody knows why? Should I pass these commands to something else?

    In my dos(windows98 ver 4.10.98) the option /s of DEL command doesn't
    exit, and deleting more than one files per time, it asks confirm. How
    to delete without asking confirm?
    What should I do to get all the options? change dos version?

    Mijc, Dec 9, 2003