    That says it all really :)
    --
    Hardware n: Parts of the computer you can kick

    shane, Dec 9, 2007

  2. In article <fjfv5b$cgq$>, shane did write:

    > That says it all really :)

    Were you suffering under something else before? :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 9, 2007

  3. shane

    shane Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro did scribble:

    > In article <fjfv5b$cgq$>, shane did write:
    >
    >> That says it all really :)

    > Were you suffering under something else before? :)

    Ive never used version control before. And man was I needing it.

    --
    Hardware n: Parts of the computer you can kick

    shane, Dec 9, 2007
  4. In article <fjg4ha$giu$>, shane did write:

    > Ive never used version control before. And man was I needing it.

    Yeah, I can relate to that. I've been working with the software staffers at
    a major client, so over the last six months I've been putting the major
    work I did for them into Subversion, so we can collaborate more easily. I
    wrote a Python script that takes a collection of current and old versions
    of source files, appropriately named, and fakes up a Subversion repository
    dump based on the file modification dates, extracting automatic changelog
    comments by doing diffs on appropriately-formatted initial comments in the
    source files. (Yes, I was pretty systematic about that sort of thing.)

    Nice to move to a more modern way of working, yet still see 8 years of
    history preserved intact. :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 9, 2007