    in, they really look like crap. The 400 x ### are a little better and the
    640 x ### are even better, but they still aren't as good and the original
    high res images. What else can I do??

    JoeB, Jun 21, 2004

  2. JoeB

    Skroob Guest

    you can add a watermark to them.

    Add a semi-transparent line of text across the image and then save it back
    out as a jepg. This way you can keep them at a good resolution to give to
    people but it will always have your name stamped on them.

    "JoeB" <> wrote in message
    > The wife and I shot my co-workers wedding this past weekend. She

    uses
    > medium format film and I was taking digital candid shots for fun. I want

    > show my other co-workers my digital prints, but I want to prevent any
    > unauthorized printing since some of my digital shots are almost indentical
    > to what my wife was taking. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements and I was
    > experimenting with batch processing. I copied the high res jpg images to
    > low res jpg images, downgraded the DPI and made sample images at 320 x

    ###,

    Skroob, Jun 21, 2004

  3. You want to discourage people from copying your work....so you make it look
    like crap....still won't work....people steal and print crap too. The will
    also scan and print your wife's work. By the way....is all your software
    legal?

    Gene Palmiter, Jun 21, 2004
  4. JoeB

    JoeB Guest

    Can't they crop out the watermark???

    JoeB, Jun 21, 2004
  5. JoeB

    JoeB Guest

    I know they can scan a photo, but a scanned copy doesn't look as good as the
    original and I know some people just don't give a sh*t. And yes, my Adobe
    software is legal.

    JoeB, Jun 21, 2004
  6. JoeB

    Skroob Guest

    not if you position it, say, diagonally across the entire image.
    Your only other alternative to prevent your work being copied is to not give
    it out in the first place.

    Skroob, Jun 21, 2004
  7. JoeB

    JoeB Guest

    Anybody ever create a PDF slideshow using Elements? Some security can be
    added to the PDF file once it's created, but to add the security, I think
    you need the full version of Adobe Acrobat, not just the Adobe Reader.

    JoeB, Jun 21, 2004
  8. JoeB

    kreb Guest

    Keith said:

    You will never get anything better than what you start with.

    One rule that should never be broken, in digital photography, your end
    product will never be better than what you start with, never store
    information, data, at a less resolution than what you want your finals to
    look like, email standards are the least of the garbage takes.

    No software will improve, to a good eye, on resolution, it is simply limited
    to what it has to work with. Wedding pictures should be taken with the
    widest, latitude settings, including resolution, so you can cut the heck out
    of your roughs. The bride will, sure as shooting, want to see sharp button
    on her dress, now you know what that means, be prepared to take the widest
    shot and then be prepared to cut, cut, and cut. "And", well they should
    with the price of the finished product.

    As for security, we all take our risks, never give out the disks, cd, even
    to your best friend to view on their computer ,discs given to your best
    friend ends up getting copied, by those who say, "I will never give it out
    to anyone" if we believe that then ...

    Keith

    ..

    kreb, Jun 21, 2004
  9. They can but when you put it across a face...

    Darrell Larose, Jun 21, 2004
  10. JoeB

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    kreb wrote:

    > Keith said:
    >
    > You will never get anything better than what you start with.
    >
    > One rule that should never be broken, in digital photography, your end

    ^^^^^^
    > product will never be better than what you start with, never store
    > information, data, at a less resolution than what you want your finals to
    > look like, email standards are the least of the garbage takes.

    should? *can't*!

    Alex Hunsley, Jun 22, 2004