    restarting". then it just starts again from 0% gets up to 10% and then just
    starts from the beginning again.

    any suggestions please? many thanks.

    ghbt, Mar 11, 2005

  2. ghbt

    jils Guest

    turn off your screen saver

    and any other programs that start periodically.

    jils, Mar 11, 2005

  3. ghbt

    Phil® Guest

    Before you defrag > Reboot your computer >
    Then 'Control+Alt+Delete' and 'End Task' on
    all services except 'Explorer' and 'Systray'.
    One by one

    Turn off your screen saver

    Defrag

    Phil®, Mar 11, 2005
  4. download diskeeper lite

    robert andrews, Mar 11, 2005
  5. ghbt

    c.reifert Guest

    "ghbt" <> wrote in message
    > have been trying to defragment my c drive in windows 98 all day. It

    doesnt
    > get past about 10% defragged and then it says; "drives content has changed
    > restarting". then it just starts again from 0% gets up to 10% and then

    just
    > starts from the beginning again.
    >
    > any suggestions please? many thanks.

    Boot into Safe Mode, then run it.

    Will

    c.reifert, Mar 12, 2005
  6. ghbt

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Mar 12, 2005
  7. ghbt

    123 Guest

    ghbt wrote:

    > have been trying to defragment my c drive in windows 98 all day. It
    > doesnt get past about 10% defragged and then it says; "drives content
    > has changed restarting". then it just starts again from 0% gets up to
    > 10% and then just starts from the beginning again.

    Boot up in Safe Mode at night and then run it. Let it run overnight.
    It'll be done by morning. Problem solved!

    123, Mar 12, 2005
  8. ghbt

    Zippo Guest

    > download diskeeper lite

    ....i agree...excellent defrag s'ware and it's free...
    can be used on the 'fly'...i have never tried it as such
    but the degrag will speed up your 'puter...

    best freeware stuff:

    AVG
    AntiVir
    SpyBot
    CCleaner
    RegCleaner 4.3
    QuickREg 1.0
    Ad-Ware Personal

    ....anyone have other freeware to add to list??...

    Zippo, Mar 12, 2005
  9. ghbt

    Zippo Guest

    > Boot into Safe Mode, then run it.

    ....god advice...also boot in safe mode when you clean
    the registry...

    Zippo, Mar 12, 2005