    advice? My OS is Win Xp Pro SP1. NAV 2005.
    Thank a lot
    yakis

    yakis, May 29, 2005

  2. yakis

    Old Gringo Guest

    yakis wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > When I tried to defragment my C drive (system drive) this morning,
    > the defragmentation stayed at 1% and did nothing further. I stopped
    > it and retried, same thing happened. Please can some one help me with some
    > advice? My OS is Win Xp Pro SP1. NAV 2005.
    > Thank a lot
    > yakis

    Re-boot into safe mode and defrag. Then do it frequently

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, May 29, 2005

  3. yakis

    yakis Guest

    Thanks a lot for the immidiate reply Old Gringo.

    yakis, May 29, 2005
  4. yakis

    Old Gringo Guest

    yakis wrote:
    > Thanks a lot for the immidiate reply Old Gringo.
    >

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>yakis wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi All,
    >>>When I tried to defragment my C drive (system drive) this morning,
    >>>the defragmentation stayed at 1% and did nothing further. I stopped
    >>>it and retried, same thing happened. Please can some one help me with
    >>>some advice? My OS is Win Xp Pro SP1. NAV 2005.
    >>>Thank a lot
    >>>yakis

    >>Re-boot into safe mode and defrag. Then do it frequently

    You are more than welcome

    Old Gringo, May 30, 2005
  5. yakis

    jeff Guest

    On Mon, 30 May 2005 00:45:45 +0200, "yakis" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >When I tried to defragment my C drive (system drive) this morning,
    >the defragmentation stayed at 1% and did nothing further. I stopped
    >it and retried, same thing happened. Please can some one help me with some
    >advice? My OS is Win Xp Pro SP1. NAV 2005.
    >Thank a lot
    >yakis

    let it run , the first 10% take the longest

    jeff, May 30, 2005