    bolshy Guest

    anyone know a good free defragger ? speed not important. something that does
    a top job.
    bolshy, Feb 27, 2005

  2. bolshy wrote:
    > anyone know a good free defragger ? speed not important. something that does
    > a top job.

    What you have already should suffuce then.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 27, 2005

  3. bolshy

    bolshy Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > bolshy wrote:
    >> anyone know a good free defragger ? speed not important. something that
    >> does a top job.

    > What you have already should suffuce then.

    what do i have ?
    bolshy, Feb 27, 2005
  4. bolshy wrote:
    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>bolshy wrote:
    >>
    >>>anyone know a good free defragger ? speed not important. something that
    >>>does a top job.

    >>What you have already should suffuce then.

    > what do i have ?

    That depends on your OS doesn't it?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 27, 2005
  5. bolshy

    bolshy Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > bolshy wrote:
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>>What you have already should suffuce then.

    >> what do i have ?

    > That depends on your OS doesn't it?

    zzzzzzzzz! Anyone else ?
    bolshy, Feb 27, 2005
  6. bolshy

    dreadnought Guest

    I use Diskeeper Lite which is (was) freeware.
    Much , much quicker than the defrag utility that comes with Windows ,
    can work in the background while you do something else on the computer
    and seems to do a better job.I once used ScanDefrag - which works well
    enough - but after running the program I did an analysis of the disk
    and found quite a lot of fragments still there which Diskeeper dealt
    with in seconds. OS is Win ME
    dreadnought, Feb 27, 2005
  7. bolshy wrote:
    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>bolshy wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>>what do i have ?

    >>That depends on your OS doesn't it?

    > zzzzzzzzz! Anyone else ?

    Since you prefer not to reveal what you're using, let's assume you're
    using Windows. Have you tried Start > All Programs > Accessories >
    System tools > Disk defragmenter?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 27, 2005
  8. bolshy

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "dreadnought" <> wrote in message
    >I use Diskeeper Lite which is (was) freeware.
    > Much , much quicker than the defrag utility that comes with Windows ,
    > can work in the background while you do something else on the computer
    > and seems to do a better job.I once used ScanDefrag - which works well
    > enough - but after running the program I did an analysis of the disk
    > and found quite a lot of fragments still there which Diskeeper dealt
    > with in seconds. OS is Win ME

    i hate to admit, but ME defragger is a good one.
    just do your defrags after a scandisk /r and in safe mode.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Feb 27, 2005
  9. bolshy

    Plato Guest

    bolshy wrote:

    > anyone know a good free defragger ? speed not important. something that does
    > a top job.

    Windows comes with a free defragger.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/