    It seems to be okay and is faster than the XP one. Also has an optimiser.

    Does anybody know which is the better application?

    Mr Pounder
    Mr Pounder, Jan 16, 2010

  2. Mr Pounder

    thanatoid Guest

    "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in
    news:fJj4n.27100$:

    > I have been using Auslogics Disk Defrag for quite a while.
    > It seems to be okay and is faster than the XP one. Also has
    > an optimiser.
    >
    > Does anybody know which is the better application?
    >
    > Mr Pounder

    Very strange question. Nobody *KNOWS* anything. It's all
    opinions and bullshit. I use Auslogics because I thought the XP
    defragger was shit.

    Does that help?

    --
    There are only two classifications of disk drives: Broken drives
    and those that will break later.
    thanatoid, Jan 17, 2010

  3. Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    > "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have been using Auslogics Disk Defrag for quite a while.
    >> It seems to be okay and is faster than the XP one. Also has
    >> an optimiser.
    >>
    >> Does anybody know which is the better application?
    >>
    >> Mr Pounder

    > Very strange question. Nobody *KNOWS* anything. It's all
    > opinions and bullshit. I use Auslogics because I thought the XP
    > defragger was shit.
    >
    > Does that help?

    I don't think my question was strange at all.
    I could have got many replies here saying that Auslogics was shit and XP was
    better.
    I use Auslogics for the same reasons that you do and yes, your reply was
    helpful.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Jan 17, 2010
  4. Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Van Chocstraw" <> wrote in message
    > thanatoid wrote:
    >> "Mr Pounder"<> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I have been using Auslogics Disk Defrag for quite a while.
    >>> It seems to be okay and is faster than the XP one. Also has
    >>> an optimiser.
    >>>
    >>> Does anybody know which is the better application?
    >>>
    >>> Mr Pounder

    >> Very strange question. Nobody *KNOWS* anything. It's all
    >> opinions and bullshit. I use Auslogics because I thought the XP
    >> defragger was shit.
    >>
    >> Does that help?
    >>

    > Defragging is bullshit now a days.

    That is bullshit.

    Mr Pounder
    Mr Pounder, Jan 17, 2010
  5. Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Manatee Memories" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:56:03 -0500, Van Chocstraw
    > <> wrote, by way of
    > <>, in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk -->::
    >
    >>thanatoid wrote:
    >>> "Mr Pounder"<> wrote in

    >>> Very strange question. Nobody *KNOWS* anything. It's all
    >>> opinions and bullshit. I use Auslogics because I thought the XP
    >>> defragger was shit.
    >>>
    >>> Does that help?
    >>>

    >>Defragging is bullshit now a days.

    > Nope. Every little bit helps, and a decent defrag prog will provide that
    > "'little' bit".

    Yes.

    > Now finding a decent defrag proggy is the rub. I've had, and dumped,
    > "Diskeeper.2009.Pro.Premier.x32.v13.0.385" most recently (to great a
    > draw/drag on sys-memory), & replaced it with "JkDefrag" (3.36). Works
    > great. Sometimes, newer is not neccessary better.

    I dumped JkDefrag in favour of Auslogics.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Jan 17, 2010
  6. Mr Pounder

    thanatoid Guest

    Van Chocstraw <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > Defragging is bullshit now a days.

    Kind of like your spelling skills, huh?

    thanatoid, Jan 17, 2010
  7. Mr Pounder

    thanatoid Guest

    Manatee Memories <> wrote in

    Re:
    Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in
    the halls of Valhalla,
    where the brave may live forever!

    I'm looking for C. L. Le Massena's "modernised" version of "Ring
    of the N.", published in 1930. It's in 16 libraries around the
    world and nowhere else to be found. On one chance in a million,
    would you have it or know of a copy's whereabouts?

    thanatoid, Jan 17, 2010