    The government takes care of you after you're 65.
    You only have to take care of yourself for 44 years!
    www.dwacon.com
    DWACON, Sep 19, 2006

  2. DWACON

    ian field Guest

    "DWACON" <> wrote in message
    news:EmHPg.141744$LF4.32228@dukeread05...
    >I notice in Windows Server 2003 defrag does not make the defragmented files
    >contiguous... it leaves spaces that can be filled with fragments.
    >
    > Is there a 3rd party tool that can do this?
    >
    > TIA!
    >

    > --
    > Your parents take care of you until you're 21.
    > The government takes care of you after you're 65.
    > You only have to take care of yourself for 44 years!
    > www.dwacon.com

    Will Norton Speeddisk run on that OS?
    ian field, Sep 19, 2006

  3. "DWACON" <> wrote in message
    >I notice in Windows Server 2003 defrag does not make the defragmented files
    >contiguous... it leaves spaces that can be filled with fragments.
    >
    > Is there a 3rd party tool that can do this?

    Try Winternal's Defrag. It only needs to be installed on the server and it
    can automatically defrag any computers on the network. With the more
    thorough mode it makes all files a solid chunk on the disks, but I think
    this is unnecessary, and only wears out your drives.

    http://www.winternals.com/Products/DefragManager/Default.aspx

    ss.
    Synapse Syndrome, Sep 20, 2006