    Defragmention proram and had bad expierences.

    Thanks in advance.
    John

    Turtle, Nov 30, 2010

  2. Turtle

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:19:50 +0100, Turtle <>
    wrote:

    >Hi everyone,
    >
    >I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
    >Am I better off using the Windows 7 Defragmention proram or can anyone
    >recomend a better program for this 64 bit Version?

    >The reason I ask is because when I used Windows Vista I used the O&O
    >Defragmention proram and had bad expierences.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >John

    What kind of bad exigencies. Could you be a bit more informative.
    I find it a bit slow, is that what you mean?

    joevan, Nov 30, 2010

  3. The built in defragmentation is pretty decent, actually, and unless you have
    a specific need, I'd probably pass on a third party one. But, that being
    said, if you feel the need for a third party defrag tool, my personal
    favourite has always been PerfectDisk, from Raxco. I've used their business
    class products for years.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/Russel

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Nov 30, 2010
  4. Turtle

    Steve Foster Guest

    Turtle wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
    > Am I better off using the Windows 7 Defragmention proram or can
    > anyone recomend a better program for this 64 bit Version?
    >
    > The reason I ask is because when I used Windows Vista I used the O&O
    > Defragmention proram and had bad expierences.

    The native defragmentation tools have always been adequate for me.
    There's a Sysinternals tool that will force defragmentation of the
    pagefile (using native capabilities) should you need it.

    --
    Steve Foster
    For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:

    Steve Foster, Nov 30, 2010
  5. Turtle

    Drew Guest

    The built in works fine for me however I have also used Auslogic's disk
    defrag free and never had a problem. I used it on xp, vista, 7 including 32
    and 64 bit. fast and did I mention free?

    Drew, Dec 1, 2010
  6. Turtle

    Jason Guest

    O&O 4 works fine for me. I tried version 6 but it looked like a down
    grade. Does Auslogic defrag the page file? It settings are pretty limited.

    Jason, Dec 1, 2010
  7. Turtle

    Jim Guest

    On Nov 30, 8:19 am, Turtle <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
    > Am I better off using the Windows 7 Defragmention proram or can anyone
    > recomend a better program for this 64 bit Version?
    >
    > The reason I ask is because when I used Windows Vista I used the O&O
    > Defragmention proram and had bad expierences.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > John

    Hi John,

    I've always used Diskeeper. They do have a dedicated 64-bit version
    and it runs constantly in the background without you having to run
    it. I think it is more expensive, and I'm not sure how good it is,
    but it does work for me.

    Jim

    Jim, Dec 1, 2010
  8. Turtle

    poutnik Guest

    In article <39ede026-38ec-46e2-97dc-
    >,
    says...

    > On Nov 30, 8:19 am, Turtle <> wrote:
    > > Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
    > > Am I better off using the Windows 7 Defragmention proram or can anyone
    > > recomend a better program for this 64 bit Version?
    > >
    > > The reason I ask is because when I used Windows Vista I used the O&O
    > > Defragmention proram and had bad expierences.

    I would recommend free Windows degragmentation API based MyDefrag.
    It is a script based utility.
    It allows either using standard script solution
    either definition of your own scripts
    allowing any file layout you want.

    http://www.mydefrag.com

    --
    Poutnik

    poutnik, Dec 1, 2010
  9. Turtle

    Jason Guest

    On 1/12/2010 16:13, Jason wrote:
    > O&O 4 works fine for me. I tried version 6 but it looked like a down
    > grade. Does Auslogic defrag the page file? It settings are pretty limited.
    > On 1/12/2010 14:17, Drew wrote:
    >> The built in works fine for me however I have also used Auslogic's disk
    >> defrag free and never had a problem. I used it on xp, vista, 7 including
    >> 32 and 64 bit. fast and did I mention free?

    on XP - haven't tried on 7 yet.

    Jason, Dec 4, 2010
  10. Turtle

    Drew Guest