  1. On both my drives in the same computer also very slow closing down XP Any
    helpers please
    John

    Johnnie Scott, Sep 12, 2005

  2. Johnnie Scott

    BC Guest

    Do you use windows own defrag programme?
    I found using PerfectDisk worked better.

    BC, Sep 12, 2005

  3. Johnnie Scott

    Miles Ahead Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:27:47 GMT, "Johnnie Scott"
    <> wrote:

    >On both my drives in the same computer also very slow closing down XP Any
    >helpers please

    How much free space is on the drives?

    Miles Ahead, Sep 12, 2005
  4. both have around 45%

    Johnnie Scott, Sep 12, 2005
  5. Johnnie Scott

    Martik Guest

    Try dirms at www.dirms.com Run from a command prompt: dirms c -q

    Martik, Sep 12, 2005
  6. Johnnie Scott

    old jon Guest

    > On both my drives in the same computer also very slow closing down XP Any
    > helpers please
    > John

    Clean out the rubbish with `Ccleaner`. (Tick with care ! ie. read what your
    ticking.)
    Then defrag in `Safe Mode`. (Restart, dabbing F8.)
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Sep 12, 2005
  7. Johnnie Scott

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:27:47 GMT As Androids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep
    and then "Johnnie Scott" <> wrote :

    >On both my drives in the same computer also very slow closing down XP Any
    >helpers please
    >John

    Have you set a program to clear the pagefile.sys on shutdown?

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Sep 13, 2005