    --
    Post your reply as a thread (obiviously), or E-Mail me at
    .

    Joe, Dec 19, 2005

  2. Joe

    Ron Martell Guest

    Joe <> wrote:

    >I have Windows XP Pro with SP2 (NTFS file system). I also have O&O
    >Defrag V8 Pro. Can you tell me how to defrag the pagefile and Master
    >File Table using O&O?

    If your computer is actually writing to and reading from the pagefile
    to such an extent that fragmentation of the pagfile could have a
    measurable impact on overall performance then the fact that it is
    actually using the pagefile will have an impact that is hundreds of
    times greater than any possible effect of pagefile fragmentation.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
    On-Line Help Computer Service