    the wrong controller for a few years (32-bit versus 48-bit or something).

    Sharing, is caring.

    My question is, will I ever get a job?

    ng_reader, Jun 7, 2005

  2. ng_reader

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:02:22 -0400 He understood Liz1 so well
    "ng_reader" <> wrote :

    >I stopped it at 70% on what was going into the 3rd day.
    >
    >Physicals:
    >
    >160GB EIDE HD
    >P4 2.8Ghz machine.
    >Windows ME
    >
    >Now, in all fairness, the drive had to be severly *fragged* as it's been on
    >the wrong controller for a few years (32-bit versus 48-bit or something).
    >
    >Sharing, is caring.
    >
    >My question is, will I ever get a job?

    Something is running in the background re-starting defrag.Boot to
    Safemode and run defrag from there and or,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/house.html

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Jun 7, 2005

  3. ng_reader

    ng_reader Guest

    "Shep©" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:02:22 -0400 He understood Liz1 so well
    > "ng_reader" <> wrote :
    >
    > >I stopped it at 70% on what was going into the 3rd day.
    > >
    > >Physicals:
    > >
    > >160GB EIDE HD
    > >P4 2.8Ghz machine.
    > >Windows ME
    > >
    > >Now, in all fairness, the drive had to be severly *fragged* as it's been

    on
    > >the wrong controller for a few years (32-bit versus 48-bit or something).
    > >
    > >Sharing, is caring.
    > >
    > >My question is, will I ever get a job?

    > Something is running in the background re-starting defrag.Boot to
    > Safemode and run defrag from there and or,
    > http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/house.html
    >
    > HTH :)
    >

    > --
    > Free Windows/PC help,

    Failed to mention, that *was* safe mode. noshit.

    ng_reader, Jun 7, 2005
  4. ng_reader

    Old Gringo Guest

    Shep© wrote:
    > On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:02:22 -0400 He understood Liz1 so well
    > "ng_reader" <> wrote :
    >

    >>I stopped it at 70% on what was going into the 3rd day.
    >>
    >>Physicals:
    >>
    >>160GB EIDE HD
    >>P4 2.8Ghz machine.
    >>Windows ME
    >>
    >>Now, in all fairness, the drive had to be severly *fragged* as it's been on
    >>the wrong controller for a few years (32-bit versus 48-bit or something).
    >>
    >>Sharing, is caring.
    >>
    >>My question is, will I ever get a job?

    > Something is running in the background re-starting defrag.Boot to
    > Safemode and run defrag from there and or,
    > http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/house.html
    >
    > HTH :)

    I think this guy already has ME but I am running Win98se and went and
    downloaded the ME defrager. Zoom Zoom very fast and it will run from
    winzip. No need to go through all the hoopla on the download page.
    Anyway Thanks I like it.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Jun 7, 2005
  5. ng_reader

    philo Guest

    "ng_reader" <> wrote in message

    > "Shep©" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:02:22 -0400 He understood Liz1 so well
    >> "ng_reader" <> wrote :

    <snip>

    > Failed to mention, that *was* safe mode. noshit.

    if you did not already do so...
    clear your internet cache, delete tmp files and empty your recycle bin etc

    philo, Jun 7, 2005
  6. ng_reader

    NotMe Guest

    ng_reader wrote:
    > "Shep©" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:02:22 -0400 He understood Liz1 so well
    >>"ng_reader" <> wrote :
    >>

    >>>I stopped it at 70% on what was going into the 3rd day.
    >>>
    >>>Physicals:
    >>>
    >>>160GB EIDE HD
    >>>P4 2.8Ghz machine.
    >>>Windows ME
    >>>
    >>>Now, in all fairness, the drive had to be severly *fragged* as it's been

    > on
    >
    >>>the wrong controller for a few years (32-bit versus 48-bit or something).
    >>>
    >>>Sharing, is caring.
    >>>
    >>>My question is, will I ever get a job?

    >>Something is running in the background re-starting defrag.Boot to
    >>Safemode and run defrag from there and or,
    >>http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/house.html
    >>
    >>HTH :)
    >>

    >>--
    >>Free Windows/PC help,
    >>http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html

    > Failed to mention, that *was* safe mode. noshit.

    If I was in your position, I would go the the hard drive manufacture's
    website and see if they have a drive tester to download. 26 hours is my
    record for a defrag... If the HDD doesn't have one, search Google for a
    hard drive fitness tester... I'd be worried the HD may be in trouble??

    I have heard good things about http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm - but
    haven't had the cash to try it myself... maybe somebody else here has? :)

    NotMe

    NotMe, Jun 7, 2005
  7. ng_reader

    Plato Guest

    NotMe wrote:

    > If I was in your position, I would go the the hard drive manufacture's
    > website and see if they have a drive tester to download. 26 hours is my
    > record for a defrag... If the HDD doesn't have one, search Google for a

    Not if there is no/hardly any, free space left on the drive.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 7, 2005
  8. ng_reader

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 00:04:02 GMT He understood Liz1 so well Old
    Gringo <> wrote :

    >Shep© wrote:
    >> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:02:22 -0400 He understood Liz1 so well
    >> "ng_reader" <> wrote :
    >>

    >>>I stopped it at 70% on what was going into the 3rd day.
    >>>
    >>>Physicals:
    >>>
    >>>160GB EIDE HD
    >>>P4 2.8Ghz machine.
    >>>Windows ME
    >>>
    >>>Now, in all fairness, the drive had to be severly *fragged* as it's been on
    >>>the wrong controller for a few years (32-bit versus 48-bit or something).
    >>>
    >>>Sharing, is caring.
    >>>
    >>>My question is, will I ever get a job?

    >> Something is running in the background re-starting defrag.Boot to
    >> Safemode and run defrag from there and or,
    >> http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/house.html
    >>
    >> HTH :)
    >>

    >I think this guy already has ME but I am running Win98se and went and
    >downloaded the ME defrager. Zoom Zoom very fast and it will run from
    >winzip. No need to go through all the hoopla on the download page.
    >Anyway Thanks I like it.

    Nice one :)

    Made me think as well that his defrag.exe may be damaged and or the
    scandisk.log

    for defrag.exe
    start/run and type sfc and extract a new copy

    For scandisk.log delete and re-run scandisk :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Jun 7, 2005
  9. On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:02:22 -0400, "ng_reader"
    <> wrote:

    >I stopped it at 70% on what was going into the 3rd day.
    >
    >Physicals:
    >
    >160GB EIDE HD
    >P4 2.8Ghz machine.
    >Windows ME
    >
    >Now, in all fairness, the drive had to be severly *fragged* as it's been on
    >the wrong controller for a few years (32-bit versus 48-bit or something).
    >
    >Sharing, is caring.
    >
    >My question is, will I ever get a job?

    Use Diskeeper or Diskeeper Lite(the freeware version)
    It should defrag the HDD in a few minutes.It isn't affected by other
    programs running.

    valeofbelvoirdrinker, Jun 8, 2005