    Does anyone else have any ideas for running a PPPoE client on this
    router rather than running c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.123-4.xd1?

    Thanks

    J, Feb 8, 2006

  2. "J" <> writes:
    >I thought for sure the 2621 I had was an XM but apparently it's not.
    >I'm not sure how I missed it but I did. I need to be able to run a
    >PPPoE client on this guy. Unfortunately it looks like that feature is
    >only found in the advanced entreprise services code which require 96MB
    >DRAM and 32MB flash for 12.3. This 2621 is running 64/16. I've
    >researched the max resources for the 2621 on both Google and Cisco's
    >website and have gotten mixed results. What's the definitive maximum
    >flash and DRAM for this router?

    Max for a 2621 (non-XM) is 64M/32M. You need a boot rom update if you
    want to use the 32M Flash instead of the 16M that is the old max.

    Most likely, Cisco FN person sometimes misses little things like
    having an image that requires 96M and removing devices that don't
    support it, like the 261x/262x non-XM that can only take 64M max, when
    there are other things like the 265x non-XM that can do 128M and the
    269x non-XM that can do 256M.

    >Does anyone else have any ideas for running a PPPoE client on this
    >router rather than running c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.123-4.xd1?

    The Cisco FN lists lots of them?
    I don't have any first hand knowledge, the one of the top of the list
    would be c2600-is-mz.12.3-17a (requires 64M/32M) or c2600-ik9o3s3-mz.12.3-17a
    (requires 64M/16M).

    Doug McIntyre, Feb 10, 2006