    Any help would be greatly appreciated

    Many Thanks

    Steve

    Steve, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Steve

    harryph Guest

    yep, have a good look around the ms website, it is the
    best way to learn, www.microsoft.com, just incase you
    wernt sure

    4
    >core requirement books for windows 2000.. Now I know this
    >might sound incredibily stupid but is there a date on

    when

    harryph, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Steve

    Neil Guest

    "harryph" <> wrote in

    > yep,

    harry was that "yep" to it sounded like a stupid question or "yep" to
    there is a time limit to when the 292/296 exams must be written? becuase
    if it's the later I think you're wrong. These exams are not like the 240
    exam as that one had to be completed by Dec 2001(?) at which time it
    expired. It was also an exam that you could only take one time and if you
    failed you had to write the 4 core exams for 2k. If MS is going to
    discontinue an exam they will give you 12 months notice of the pending
    retirement of the exams and post this info on the
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.asp
    site. since it's not currently listed the OP is good for at least 12
    months. In addition if the OP is asking if MS is about to retire the 2k
    exams, once agian, nothing is posted about this...

    but if Steve had searched...
    ;)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Neil - I think Steve indirectly brings up a point a lot of people may be struggling with here as far as which cert to go for if you're just starting the certification process. I'm just starting and I struggled with it too. The question was, do I take the exams for 2000 Server and Professional, which I know much better than 2003, or do I try to focus on the most recent OS releases? I'm still not positive I chose the right route, because obviously I'm going to have a harder time with 2003 and XP, not knowing it as well as the 2000 products. But by taking the 2003 track, I reasoned that by the time I finish the certification process, 2003 Server and XP Professional will be a lot more relevant than 2000 Server and 2000 Professional. I know therer's a ton of 2000 out there. From what I gather, 2003 isn't making much of a dent yet. But that should change, don't you agree

    ;

    --
    Neil MCNGP #3
    "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29ubmVyMTcy?=, Jun 1, 2004
  5. Steve

    molsonexpert Guest

    "conner172" <> wrote in message
    > Neil - I think Steve indirectly brings up a point a lot of people may be

    struggling with here as far as which cert to go for if you're just starting
    the certification process. I'm just starting and I struggled with it too.
    The question was, do I take the exams for 2000 Server and Professional,
    which I know much better than 2003, or do I try to focus on the most recent
    OS releases? I'm still not positive I chose the right route, because
    obviously I'm going to have a harder time with 2003 and XP, not knowing it
    as well as the 2000 products. But by taking the 2003 track, I reasoned that
    by the time I finish the certification process, 2003 Server and XP
    Professional will be a lot more relevant than 2000 Server and 2000
    Professional. I know therer's a ton of 2000 out there. From what I gather,
    2003 isn't making much of a dent yet. But that should change, don't you
    agree?

    I was in the same situation when I started the process at the beginning of
    the year, but I never really thought about it for very long. I knew W2K a
    lot better, but i figured there were enough similarities that the
    difficulties with the newer technology would be minimal. So far I think I
    was correct. Mind you, I've only passed 2 exams...

    --
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever."

    molsonexpert, Jun 1, 2004
  6. Steve

    Andy Foster Guest

    "conner172" <> wrote in message
    > Neil - I think Steve indirectly brings up a point a lot of people may be

    struggling with here as far as which cert to go for if you're just starting
    the certification process. I'm just starting and I struggled with it too.
    The question was, do I take the exams for 2000 Server and Professional,
    which I know much better than 2003, or do I try to focus on the most recent
    OS releases?

    Yes, and that question has been asked ad nauseum in this ng by people too
    dumb/lazy to check the past few headers before posting.

    Andy Foster, Jun 1, 2004
  7. Steve

    harryph Guest

    yes you are not correct, my point was that microsoft,
    anwser his questions on the website prity clear, and about
    that exam to focus on, well what os will you be working
    with

    harryph, Jun 1, 2004
  8. Steve

    Neil Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29ubmVyMTcy?= <> wrote in

    > do I take the exams for 2000 Server and Professional, which I know
    > much better than 2003,

    you answered your own question. I am constantly telling people to write
    the exam you are prepared for. Sounds to me like you are more prepared
    for the 2k exams. if you think that you can finish all of the exams with
    12 months you're set, as the exams are not on the list of retirees. If
    you haven't started and you spend too much time trying to figure this out
    you will be asking "should I take the 2003 or the 2005/6 exams". Starting
    with 2k and then upgrading to 2k3 is only 2 more exams so this (to me) is
    the way you should go....

    my 2¢

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 1, 2004
  9. Steve

    Neil Guest

    "Andy Foster" <> wrote in

    > Yes, and that question has been asked ad nauseum in this ng by people too
    > dumb/lazy to check the past few headers before posting.

    so true...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 1, 2004
  10. Steve

    name Guest

    you fool. go back to unix.

    name, Jun 2, 2004
  11. circa Tue, 1 Jun 2004 02:35:39 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Steve
    () said,
    > Would any one be able to help me, I wanting to start the
    > process of becoming MCSE qualified, I currently have the 4
    > core requirement books for windows 2000.. Now I know this
    > might sound incredibily stupid but is there a date on when
    > windows 2000 trained bods to migrate to windows 2003 like
    > when NT had to migrate to 2000

    No, and actually, the NT4 decertification if not upgraded to 2000 was
    rescinded. In other words, an NT4 MCSE is still an MCSE. A 2000 MCSE
    is an MCSE. A 2003 MCSE is an MCSE. None of them is required to
    obtain newer certifications.

    Laura
    --
    I am Dyslexia of Borg,