    I don't know if this is player specific or what, anyone hear anything about
    this?

    Thanks

    Stuart Southerland, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Stuart Southerland

    John Guest

    It's a known issue and Sony will replace the disc. I don't have the number,
    but if you post on the Springsteen newsgroup, they'll have it as this has been
    discussed a bunch of times. Actually, just do a Google groups search and I'm
    sure you'll find it.

    - John

    John, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Stuart Southerland

    Thomas Bell Guest

    Stuart Southerland wrote:
    > I've gotten a couple of the Springsteen Barcelona dvds and neither will play
    > disc II. It just hangs at the menu; you can't select anything. I picked one
    > up in November and the second one today, so I'm begining to think that I'm
    > out of luck. I've offered the store half price for the first disc, but they
    > have no imagination whatsoever. ;-)
    >
    > I don't know if this is player specific or what, anyone hear anything about
    > this?
    >
    > Thanks

    Sony is aware of this problem and is already mailing replacement discs
    to those that contact them at the following number:

    800-255-7514 (NJ residents dial 856-722-8224).

    According to many fans on the Springsteen newsgroup, Sony is sending the
    replacement dvd without requesting the complainer to return the
    defective dvd and most people are getting their replacement discs in
    about 1 to 2 weeks which is pretty good customer service compared to
    say, Universal.

    T.B.

    Thomas Bell, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Stuart Southerland

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Thomas Bell" <> wrote in message

    > Sony is aware of this problem and is already mailing replacement discs
    > to those that contact them at the following number:
    >
    > 800-255-7514 (NJ residents dial 856-722-8224).
    >
    > According to many fans on the Springsteen newsgroup, Sony is sending the
    > replacement dvd without requesting the complainer to return the
    > defective dvd and most people are getting their replacement discs in
    > about 1 to 2 weeks which is pretty good customer service compared to
    > say, Universal.

    Yeah, I got mine in like 4 business days after making the call, which I made
    late on a Saturday night. The call-taker knew exactly what I was asking
    about and the whole thing took about 20 seconds. Disc came in a jewel box
    inside a padded envelope. A model for the industry, I'd say.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Jan 8, 2004