Defeating default host

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by William W. Plummer, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. Mozilla Mail tries to help by appending @foo.com to every address I
    enter, but this is almost alway wrong. So how can I turn off that feature?

    William W. Plummer, Jul 21, 2004

  2. William W. Plummer

    Moz Champion Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:

    > Mozilla Mail tries to help by appending @foo.com to every address I
    > enter, but this is almost alway wrong. So how can I turn off that feature?

    Mozilla-->Preferences-->Mail & Newsgroups-->Addressing

    UNcheck any entries in the Address Autocompletetion box

    Mozilla usually appends the @<name> of the sending domain, you sending
    from foo.com?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Moz Champion wrote:

    > William W. Plummer wrote:
    >
    >> Mozilla Mail tries to help by appending @foo.com to every address I
    >> enter, but this is almost alway wrong. So how can I turn off that
    >> feature?

    > Mozilla-->Preferences-->Mail & Newsgroups-->Addressing
    >
    > UNcheck any entries in the Address Autocompletetion box
    >

    > Mozilla usually appends the @<name> of the sending domain, you sending
    > from foo.com?

    Thanks. The problem went away when I created a specific profile for
    myself and had to reimport my IE address.

    I like the idea of completion based on what's in the Address Book, but
    it guessing at my own domain if there is nothing else in sight seems
    wrong most of the time.

    BTW, the Mozilla diagnostic message during import that says "Make IE
    your default mail system" really means you should disable Mozilla as
    your default system.

    William W. Plummer, Jul 22, 2004