    I'm trying to enter via telnet but I don't know the username and password.

    Thanks,

    M.G.
    M.G., Jul 20, 2005

  2. M.G.

    Uli Link Guest

    M.G. schrieb:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a new Cisco SOHO 97.
    >
    > Does anyone know the default username and password for the Cisco SOHO
    > routers?

    User "router" without password.

    --
    Uli
    Uli Link, Jul 20, 2005

  3. M.G.

    dbn58 Guest

    "M.G." <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a new Cisco SOHO 97.
    >
    > Does anyone know the default username and password for the Cisco SOHO
    > routers?
    >
    > I'm trying to enter via telnet but I don't know the username and password.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > M.G.

    Normally on cisco routers there is no default user and/or password for the
    VTY lines (which you use when you telnet to the router).
    After having unpacked a brand new cisco router and want to give it an
    initial configuration, most common is that you will have to use the console
    port first, and give it some basic configuration.
    To access the router via telnet you must
    - assign an ip address to one interface
    - set this interface to "no shutdown"
    - connect that interface to a network which can be reached by your telnet
    client station
    - assign a password and enable login on at least vty 0
    - If you want to access your new router on a remote network, you might also
    need to configure a default route
    - If you want to change to enable mode from your telnet session you will
    need to set an enable secret (or, less recommended, an enable password)
    Theese steps enable basic security. Without basic security you will be able
    to reach the router via telnet, but it won't let you log in anyway, and
    without an enable password you will not be able to switch to enabled mode
    from a remote session
    Hope it helps.
    Regards
    dbn58
    dbn58, Jul 20, 2005
  4. M.G.

    M.G. Guest

    thanks.

    dbn58 says that there is no default password and user for the VTY lines.
    However, if you try to access via telnet you will be asked for user and
    password.

    M.G.

    M.G., Jul 21, 2005
  5. M.G.