    3.0(2) versions on PIX 506E.

    What is the default user and password to enter on PDM?

    THANKS!
    jaisol, May 5, 2005

  2. jaisol

    Chris Guest

    "jaisol" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Few minutes ago I have upgraded firewall version to 6.3(4) and PDM to
    > 3.0(2) versions on PIX 506E.
    >
    > What is the default user and password to enter on PDM?
    >
    > THANKS!

    cisco
    cisco
    Chris, May 5, 2005

  3. jaisol

    jaisol Guest

    I have not success with cisco and cisco.

    How or where can I change username/password for PDM?

    THANKS again!
    jaisol, May 5, 2005
  4. jaisol

    Brian V Guest

    "Chris" <chris@nospam> wrote in message

    > "jaisol" <> wrote in message
    >> Few minutes ago I have upgraded firewall version to 6.3(4) and PDM to
    >> 3.0(2) versions on PIX 506E.
    >>
    >> What is the default user and password to enter on PDM?
    >>
    >> THANKS!
    >>

    > cisco
    > cisco

    The default username for the pix pdm is pix
    There is no default password, once you set an enable password it will become
    that password.

    Example, you have no aaa setup and/or local usernames on the pix. You set
    your enable password to abc123.

    username: pix
    password: abc123

    If you did not set an enable password then that field should be left empty,
    simply use the username pix

    You may be prompted for your username and password a couple times, this is
    normal on some browsers.

    -Brian
    Brian V, May 5, 2005
  5. jaisol

    jaisol Guest

    I have used PDM before but I don't remember the password assigned.

    Can I change the password for pix pdm user or erase password from
    telnet session? (how?)

    THANKS again!
    jaisol, May 5, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    jaisol <> wrote:
    :I have used PDM before but I don't remember the password assigned.

    :Can I change the password for pix pdm user or erase password from
    :telnet session? (how?)

    It's the enable password. If you don't remember the enable password,
    you can't reconfigure from telnet ;-)

    If you were going in through a different username, then you could
    go in through telnet and "show user" to see what users exist.
    You could use "no username to remove an existing entry, and
    then another "username" command to recreate the user with a new password.
    Be sure to give the appropriate privilege level when you recreate the user.

    If you don't remember the enable password, you are going to have to
    use the PIX Password Recovery Procedure. That involves dropping down
    to the PROM and loading in a special file that you will have to
    get from the PIX software repository; the exact file to use depends
    on the software version you are using.
    --
    History is a pile of debris -- Laurie Anderson
    Walter Roberson, May 5, 2005
  7. jaisol

    Chris Guest

    "jaisol" <> wrote in message
    >I have not success with cisco and cisco.
    >
    > How or where can I change username/password for PDM?
    >
    > THANKS again!

    Sorry, I was thinking of SDM on the routers!

    Doh!
    Chris, May 5, 2005
  8. jaisol

    jaisol Guest

    Certenly I can begin telnet session with enable option (I have the
    password).

    The "show user" command from telnet (with enable option) resolves
    nothing.
    I mean:
    pixfirewall# show user
    pixfirewall# <- nothing

    then I tried with
    pixfirewall# show user pix -> minimum allowed username length is 4
    pixfirewall# show user pdm -> minimum allowed username length is 4
    pixfirewall# show user cisco -> invalid username
    pixfirewall# show user admin -> invalid username
    pixfirewall# show user root -> invalid username
    pixfirewall# show user administrator -> invalid username

    Seems like user does not exist but I can't enter at https://MyIPPix
    with empty username and empty password.

    The commands "no username" and "username" were not recognized.

    Some else suggestion.

    THANKS for HELP!
    jaisol, May 6, 2005
  9. jaisol

    Tony Clifton Guest

    Have you tried the default?

    username <blank>, password <enable password>

    Tony Clifton, May 6, 2005
  10. jaisol

    lev_london

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Pix password issue

    Hello Guys,

    Ive just had a trouble with my pix as well to try to find out the PDM password ,but finally i realized its a very easy process.
    "Show user" in terminal mode. if no user it means the dafault user name is empty. password can be set ip up with the "setup" command .i hope this help.
    lev_london, Aug 19, 2006