    it says to delete the parent.lock file but I can't find it. I need to get
    my profile for thunderbird back at least to get my mail.
    Thanks in advance

    chad, Dec 12, 2004

  2. chad

    Avalanche Guest

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:35:39 GMT, chad <> wrote:

    >using Mandrake and having problems with both Firefox and Thunderbird.
    >They failed to open once and then I got a pop up about default is already
    >in use in both programs. I ran the top command and can't find it running
    >and have rebooted twice, still the same thing. Looking it up on the net
    >it says to delete the parent.lock file but I can't find it. I need to get
    >my profile for thunderbird back at least to get my mail.
    >Thanks in advance

    Can't really help...I don't know enuf Linux. May just be that Firefox
    was mainly for Windows (sad, but the way of the World).

    Avalanche, Dec 13, 2004

  3. chad

    2.dhs.org Guest

    On 2004-12-12, chad <> wrote:

    > using Mandrake and having problems with both Firefox and Thunderbird.
    > They failed to open once and then I got a pop up about default is already
    > in use in both programs. I ran the top command and can't find it running
    > and have rebooted twice, still the same thing. Looking it up on the net
    > it says to delete the parent.lock file but I can't find it. I need to get
    > my profile for thunderbird back at least to get my mail.

    It's in your profile directory -- eg:

    ~/.thunderbird/default/wv8vpehc.slt/lock
    ~/.mozilla/firefox/default.649/lock

    --

    John ()

    2.dhs.org, Dec 13, 2004
  4. chad

    chad Guest

    On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:07:36 +0000, john wrote:

    > On 2004-12-12, chad <> wrote:
    >
    >> using Mandrake and having problems with both Firefox and Thunderbird.
    >> They failed to open once and then I got a pop up about default is already
    >> in use in both programs. I ran the top command and can't find it running
    >> and have rebooted twice, still the same thing. Looking it up on the net
    >> it says to delete the parent.lock file but I can't find it. I need to get
    >> my profile for thunderbird back at least to get my mail.

    > It's in your profile directory -- eg:
    >
    > ~/.thunderbird/default/wv8vpehc.slt/lock
    > ~/.mozilla/firefox/default.649/lock

    This worked great thanks that Parent.lock must be for windows I was
    searching for it and nothing all it was was lock@.
    Thanks

    chad, Dec 13, 2004