    Mark Ferrante
    Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    M. FERRANTE, Jul 26, 2005

  2. M. FERRANTE

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:08:22 -0400, in message
     <>, M. FERRANTE wrote:

    > I've tried different browsers and have been using Advant. I read where
    > Mozilla's Firefox is a secure browser to use and so I went and
    > downloaded and installed it. When it came up, it did not ask if I
    > wanted it to be the default browser and so I went into settings to
    > make it that and it already said it was (probably from an earlier
    > download). When I click onto any desktop icons, the Advant browser
    > still comes up. I decided to uninstall the Advant and when I did,
    > clicking onto any desktop icon does not open Firefox, but rather it
    > opens the printer options window. So I had to download and reinstall
    > Advant just to get the desktop icons to work. Any idea of what is
    > going on here and more importantly, how can I fix it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help!

    From the Windows Start menu, open "Folder Options" and select the
    "File Types" tab.

    In the list, scroll down and select this entry

    Extension: (NONE)
    Type: URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol

    Click "Edit", select "open" from the list box, then click "Edit".

    Q: What is "application used to perform action",
    and what are the other settings?

    --
    Cheers
    Ralph

    "Those who have knowledge, don't predict.
    Those who predict, don't have knowledge."
    -- Lao Tzu, 6th century B.C.

    Ralph Fox, Jul 27, 2005