  1. Is there an IOS command that will reset a configured switch/router
    interface back to it's default, out-of-box setting?

    Thanks
    nick whitworth, Sep 16, 2008

  2. nick whitworth

    Trendkill Guest

    On Sep 16, 6:04 am, nick whitworth <> wrote:
    > Is there an IOS command that will reset a configured switch/router
    > interface back to it's default, out-of-box setting?
    >
    > Thanks

    write erase, restart.
    Trendkill, Sep 16, 2008

  3. nick whitworth <> writes:
    >Is there an IOS command that will reset a configured switch/router
    >interface back to it's default, out-of-box setting?

    Given a new enough IOS, and the proper interface name..

    default interface Serial 0/0

    :)
    Doug McIntyre, Sep 16, 2008
  4. On 16 Sep, 12:15, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > On Sep 16, 6:04 am, nick whitworth <> wrote:
    >
    > > Is there an IOS command that will reset a configured switch/router
    > > interface back to it's default, out-of-box setting?

    > > Thanks

    > write erase, restart.

    Thanks but I wanted to know if there's an easy way to reset a single
    interface config not an entire device config?
    nick whitworth, Sep 16, 2008
  5. On 16 Sep, 13:33, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > nick whitworth <> writes:
    > >Is there an IOS command that will reset a configured switch/router
    > >interface back to it's default, out-of-box setting?

    > Given a new enough IOS, and the proper interface name..
    >
    > default interface Serial 0/0
    >
    > :)

    Great, that's what I was after. Thanks very much:)
    nick whitworth, Sep 16, 2008
  6. nick whitworth

    Trendkill Guest

    On Sep 16, 8:36 am, nick whitworth <> wrote:
    > On 16 Sep, 13:33, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    >
    > > nick whitworth <> writes:
    > > >Is there an IOS command that will reset a configured switch/router
    > > >interface back to it's default, out-of-box setting?

    > > Given a new enough IOS, and the proper interface name..

    > > default interface Serial 0/0

    > > :)

    > Great, that's what I was after. Thanks very much:)

    Oh sorry about that.....must have been asleep at the monitor this
    morning. Thanks Doug.
    Trendkill, Sep 16, 2008