    This is pretty frustrating as I am trying to run through the examples in my
    Training Kit books and running into a number of problems.

    Your help is appreciated...
    =?Utf-8?B?V2VuZGVsbA==?=, Feb 3, 2005

  2. well, after some tinkering, it looks as if the defaults ARE there...

    If this isn't the case, please correct me. If it is, why are they listed as
    "Not Defined" when they truly ARE defined?

    -W
    =?Utf-8?B?V2VuZGVsbA==?=, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Not defined in a Group Policy means simply that item has no global setting.
    So it if it's setup somewhere else either on or off that's the setting it
    will use.

    One example is Desktop wallpaper, which is not defined. You have a desktop
    wallpaper right? So it's been defined elsewhere. Now if I defined the
    wallpaper in a GPO that would be your new wallpaper no matter your previous
    setting, because in a domain environment the GPO wins. So again, there is no
    default setting in a GPO other than "undefined"

    --
    "The Rev" MCNGP #44
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    ..