    folder icons but it seems they have been overwritten by this theme.
    Anyone know what i can do to get the original xp icons back?

    TIA

    Jimbob, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Jimbob

    Guest

    On "Jimbob" <> wrote:

    |>I have recently installed a theme for xp, and after a few mins decided
    |>i didn't want it. So i reloaded the default theme, but the folder icons
    |>and a few other things have remained the same as the theme. I
    |>add/removed the theme but no luck. I've tried restoring the default
    |>folder icons but it seems they have been overwritten by this theme.
    |>Anyone know what i can do to get the original xp icons back?

    Select windows classic (turns off themes) reboot, then select theme of
    your choice. See if that works.

    --
    ,,
    ( "> w Jesus saves..

    , Jun 18, 2005

  3. Jimbob

    Jimbob Guest

    Tried that and still not working. :(

    Jimbob, Jun 18, 2005
  4. Jimbob

    Guest

    On "Jimbob" <> wrote:

    |>Tried that and still not working. :(

    You can try Tweak UI and repair the icons

    Or can do it the hard way, if it's that important.

    Right click any icon and select properties there is an option to
    change the icon.

    For drive icons
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1101273355
    You can edit the registry entries then install it with regedit

    I used to put a autorun.inf file on each drive to change the icon but
    I guess you can't do that in XP

    If you do it the hard way you can download icons of your choice, I had
    a Calvin and Hobbs theme going :)

    --

    , Jun 18, 2005