    My question is the obvious.

    Best regards

    Tony

    Tony, Oct 22, 2007

  2. Tony wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I love Thunderbird apart from one irritation; practically every time I
    > fire it up it comes up with the message about do I want to make it my
    > default email application.
    >
    > No matter what I answer or what box I tick, it seems too stupid to be
    > able to remember it, and sure enough next time I fire it up, up it
    > comes again. Come to think about it this has been going on through
    > several versions now.
    >
    > My question is the obvious.
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Tony

    maybe you didn't check the box about don't ask me again.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 22, 2007

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:01:55 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:

    >Tony wrote:
    >> No matter what box I tick,

    >Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >maybe you didn't check the box about don't ask me again.

    Please re-read

    Best regards

    Tony

    Tony, Oct 22, 2007
  4. Tony wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:01:55 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Tony wrote:
    >>> No matter what box I tick,

    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >> maybe you didn't check the box about don't ask me again.

    > Please re-read
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Tony

    just because some people say they've checked all the boxes
    doesn't mean anything. Some say it, then realize there's
    another box they didn't see and didn't check. So, until a
    person says otherwise, I don't know, and I have to assume
    they didn't.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 22, 2007
  5. Tony

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:26:52 +0100, in message <>,
    Tony wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:01:55 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Tony wrote:
    > >> No matter what box I tick,

    > >Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > >maybe you didn't check the box about don't ask me again.

    > Please re-read
    >
    > Best regards

    There isn't sufficient information in your message to determine
    the exact cause, so I too can only make guesses.

    Perhaps the prefs.js file in your user profile is read-only. To locate
    your user profile, see http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/edit#profile

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Oct 23, 2007
  6. Tony

    Dan Guest

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:15:16 +0100, Tony <>
    wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >I love Thunderbird apart from one irritation; practically every time I
    >fire it up it comes up with the message about do I want to make it my
    >default email application.
    >
    >No matter what I answer or what box I tick, it seems too stupid to be
    >able to remember it, and sure enough next time I fire it up, up it
    >comes again. Come to think about it this has been going on through
    >several versions now.
    >
    >My question is the obvious.
    >
    >Best regards
    >
    >Tony

    This might not have to do with Thunderbird.

    Some e-mail clients may be configured to re-state themselves as the
    default client if it's ever taken by another program. In this case
    Thunderbird.

    So every time Thunderbird change that value over to itself, it is
    instantly re-taken by the previous program, thus making Thunderbird
    prompt you with the dialog.

    Although, the prompt shouldn't appear in the first place if you've
    choosen to disable it. Don't know about that other than previously
    mentioned "read-only" on the pref file.

    Try and re-install.

    Dan, Oct 23, 2007
  7. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:02:18 +0200, Dan <> wrote:

    >>This might not have to do with Thunderbird.

    >Some e-mail clients may be configured to re-state themselves as the
    >default client if it's ever taken by another program. In this case
    >Thunderbird.
    >
    >So every time Thunderbird change that value over to itself, it is
    >instantly re-taken by the previous program, thus making Thunderbird
    >prompt you with the dialog.

    Hey Dan, you're brilliant, I've had my copy of Agent for so long now
    that I'd forgotten that I'd ticked the box for it to override all over
    email apps.

    Many thanks for your time and trouble.

    Best regards

    Tony

    Tony, Oct 23, 2007
  8. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:00:30 +0100, Tony <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:02:18 +0200, Dan <> wrote:
    >
    >>>This might not have to do with Thunderbird.

    >>Some e-mail clients may be configured to re-state themselves as the
    >>default client if it's ever taken by another program. In this case
    >>Thunderbird.
    >>
    >>So every time Thunderbird change that value over to itself, it is
    >>instantly re-taken by the previous program, thus making Thunderbird
    >>prompt you with the dialog.
    >>

    >Hey Dan, you're brilliant, I've had my copy of Agent for so long now
    >that I'd forgotten that I'd ticked the box for it to override all over
    >email apps.

    Hmm..other even.

    Best regards

    Tony