    RacerX Guest

    When i look at the details of pictures i take on my Digital Rebel i see that
    horizontal and vertical resolutions are 180, is there a way to adjust this?
    RacerX, Oct 18, 2004

  2. RacerX

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "RacerX"

    >When i look at the details of pictures i take on my Digital Rebel i see that
    >horizontal and vertical resolutions are 180, is there a way to adjust this?

    It's a meaningless number until you go to print, so adjust it at that time in
    your printer software.
    Bill Hilton, Oct 18, 2004

  3. RacerX

    Julian Tan Guest

    Hey Racerx,

    Bill is quite correct. What is important is the resolution of your
    images (i.e. 6MP / 3MP etc.), which will determine how many pixels you
    have to play with.

    When printing, divide the resolution by the size of the photo you're
    intending to print. E.g. if you have a 6MP image (3072 x 2048), and
    intend to print a 6x4, then

    3072 pixels / 6 inches = 512 DPI, which is plenty.
    Cheers,
    Julian

    http://www.shuttertalk.com
    Shuttertalk Forums Member