    Thanks.

    Email appreciated.

    Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
    email: poston8 at comcast.net

    Wild Bill 2, May 22, 2004

  2. Wild Bill 2

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Wild Bill 2" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there someway I can have a 'default' download location in Win XP?
    >
    > For sometime I had that and always downloaded to the same directory.
    > Then someway it got changed to Desktop and each time I download
    > soemthing I have to go through several steps to get to the directory I
    > want to download to. Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Email appreciated.

    Nope. No email. That's not a good idea.

    Don't you have the option of where to save the file when you start the
    download? Set it to your desktop at that point. Then guess what - next time,
    it will automatically want to save your download to the desktop.

    Toolman Tim, May 23, 2004

  3. Wild Bill 2

    Wild Bill 2 Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 16:24:13 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    <TIMOTHYMAYER_at_HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

    >"Wild Bill 2" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Is there someway I can have a 'default' download location in Win XP?
    >>
    >> For sometime I had that and always downloaded to the same directory.
    >> Then someway it got changed to Desktop and each time I download
    >> soemthing I have to go through several steps to get to the directory I
    >> want to download to. Any help appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Email appreciated.

    >Nope. No email. That's not a good idea.
    >
    >Don't you have the option of where to save the file when you start the
    >download? Set it to your desktop at that point. Then guess what - next time,
    >it will automatically want to save your download to the desktop.

    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do have the option of a download location
    and XP always downloads to the desktop but I don't want it to download
    to desktop. I want XP to dowload to a file I created C:\Downloads.
    And this worked for a while. All my downloads were downloaded to
    C:\\downloads and then all of a sudden it changed and started to
    dowload everything to desktop so I have to go through several steps to
    get it to download to C:\Downloads.

    Can you help please.

    Thanks.

    Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
    email: poston8 at comcast.net

    Wild Bill 2, May 24, 2004
  4. Wild Bill 2

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Wild Bill 2" <> wrote in message

    > On Sat, 22 May 2004 16:24:13 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    > <TIMOTHYMAYER_at_HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
    >

    > >"Wild Bill 2" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> Is there someway I can have a 'default' download location in Win XP?
    > >>
    > >> For sometime I had that and always downloaded to the same directory.
    > >> Then someway it got changed to Desktop and each time I download
    > >> soemthing I have to go through several steps to get to the directory I
    > >> want to download to. Any help appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks.
    > >>
    > >> Email appreciated.

    > >Nope. No email. That's not a good idea.
    > >
    > >Don't you have the option of where to save the file when you start the
    > >download? Set it to your desktop at that point. Then guess what - next

    time,
    > >it will automatically want to save your download to the desktop.
    > >

    > Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do have the option of a download location
    > and XP always downloads to the desktop but I don't want it to download
    > to desktop. I want XP to dowload to a file I created C:\Downloads.
    > And this worked for a while. All my downloads were downloaded to
    > C:\\downloads and then all of a sudden it changed and started to
    > dowload everything to desktop so I have to go through several steps to
    > get it to download to C:\Downloads.
    >
    > Can you help please.
    >
    > Thanks.

    There is no *default* and no way to change it other than the same method I
    wrote earlier (which I think is what you are already doing) - when you are
    prompted to save the file, you have to tell it where. Yes, it will remember
    that most of the time, but any time some other program decides to save to
    the desktop, your likely to be back to the desktop for your downloads.

    Toolman Tim, May 24, 2004