    does it override the Memberserver Local Policy if defined.
    Example "log on locally"

    Tariq

    Tariq, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Tariq

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Tariq" <> wrote in news:110ca01c3f533
    $0b0e4e50$:

    > Hi-
    >
    > On Windows 2003 DC You find 2 Default Policy which is
    > installed with the DC.

    > 1- Default Domain Controller Policy

    applied to your DC's only.

    > 2- Default Domain Policy.

    applied to everything

    > What is the Basic difference between the two.

    i would say the DC policy is linked & restriced to the OU where your DC
    member servers are located. The domain policy is linked at the domain
    level. so it will over ride unless blocked from below.

    > Secondly
    > does it override the Memberserver Local Policy if defined.
    > Example "log on locally"

    order of how GPO's are applied

    - SITE
    - DOMAIN
    - OU
    - LOCAL

    > Tariq

    p.s. this is all from memory from when i was studying for mcse. i don't use
    AD. All my sevrers are Netware NDS and Solaris and now recently, Linux
    (yeah!!).

    RY

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    Things I learnt in the army:

    Rowdy Yates, Feb 17, 2004

  3. GP's are applied in the following order:

    Local GPO's
    Site GPO's
    Domain GPO's
    OU GPO's